28 patient evaluations for Desvenlafaxine

Mar 22, 2017 (Started Jun 19, 2008)

Major (for nerve pain (neuralgia))
  • Side effects
Advice & Tips: 50 mg is for everyone but can go to 100 but usually no difference at all.. I was on effexor and then cynbalta both which didn't work out for me and then this one did.. all 3 are serotonin and norepinephrine reuptake inhibitor (SNRI) antidepressant. ... It increases serotonin and norepinephrine activity in the brain, which regulates mood.

Jun 8, 2018 (Started Dec 19, 2017)

Moderate (for depressed mood)
  • Side effects
Advice & Tips: Now taking 200mg pill. It is the target dosage. It seems to be working fine.

Jan 23, 2018 (Started Dec 19, 2017)

Can't tell (for major depressive disorder)
  • Side effects
Advice & Tips: Takes a while to work. hoping for the best.

Dec 27, 2017 (Started Dec 19, 2017)

Major (for major depressive disorder)
  • Side effects
Advice & Tips: It takes awhile to start to work. My Dr. set me up on 25mg but I feel I should be on a stronger dosage. Will take that up with her at my next appointment.

Feb 7, 2020 (Started Feb 27, 2019)

Major (for major depressive disorder)
  • Side effects
    Mild (expressionless face (masklike))
Advice & Tips: I switched from generic duloxetine to Pristiq. The generic manufacturer changed their process, or my brain changed?? One difference is that I needed more duloxetine in the winter dark months and that made me drowsy. I was also prescribed modafinil when I was working 9-5, so that I could concentrate and be alert. I don't need modafinil with Pristiq and I don't need to change the dosage according to the seasons. I feel more emotionally blunted with Pristiq, though. It took a few months to discover that duloxetine quit working, to find a replacement, and get back to a stable life. I miss the "duloxetine generic". It performed truer to the Cymbalta brand. It had the added benefit of easing the arthritis in my hands. I never knew this until they substituted manufactures of duloxetine.

Showing 3 of 28 patient evaluations for Desvenlafaxine