14 patient evaluations for Baclofen intrathecal pump

Apr 5, 2012 (Started Dec 17, 2011)

Major (for stiffness/spasticity)
  • Side effects
    Moderate (weakness in leg(s), dizziness with nausea, fatigue)
Dosage: 200 mcg Daily
Advice & Tips: Since getting this placed in Dec. 2011, my legs are not tight at all. im bendy! I cant walk though or stand, like I used to do,even if for a few feet,before this was placed. I relied on the tone aka spasticity to stand, so I traded it for not being able to walk at all but in more comfort. I miss being able to stand and use my legs. I now have muscle atrophy since my legs seem to just be limbs I dont need. but with my current UTI, tone has kicked in, even with the pump, and i hate it! My spasticity was severe enough to where strong adults would break out in a sweat just trying to bend my legs.

Dec 11, 2009 (Started May 12, 2008)

Moderate (for stiffness/spasticity)
  • Side effects
    Mild (stiffness in knees)
Advice & Tips: no drowsiness like when taking oral form just after started yaking, knees would stiffen/freeze in place when inactive - very painful at night
Side effects: stiffness in knees

Sep 3, 2010 (Started Jul 29, 2010)

Major (for stiffness/spasticity)
Dosage: 1.55 mg Daily
Advice & Tips: I almost chose to not have this implanted based on how I felt during the trial. I am VERY glad that I opted to go ahead with the procedure. I feel so much better, more like my old self. This has managed my spasticity better than any oral medication that I have tried.

Showing 3 of 14 patient evaluations for Baclofen intrathecal pump