10 patient evaluations for Atomoxetine

Oct 30, 2008 (Started Oct 20, 2008)

Moderate (for Other)
  • Side effects
    Moderate (constipation, nausea, heartburn, mood swings, elevated blood pressure, decreased sex drive (libido), increased energy, muscle spasms, tiredness increased, decreased appetite, feeling tense or on edge)
Advice & Tips: Take the pill with tums. Bring water with you because it calms the nausea. This will cut back on the heart burn. Watch out for mood swings, they come suddenly and then disappear...like a frickin ninja on the attack. Be sure you eat enough (after the slight, yet sudden, nausea subsides). Though it isn't a technical stimulant, you still get stimulating effects an hour or two after you take it because it ups your norepinephine in your bloodstream. Therefore, your heart is stimulated and stays pumping strong well over the time the stimulating effects wear off. Wait a month before you decide if it is for you. The side effects that can wear off, wear off, and the drug's full effects will be appearent by then.
Side effects: heartburn, increased energy, feeling tense or on edge, tiredness increased, mood swings, elevated blood pressure, muscle spasms, constipation, decreased sex drive (libido), nausea, decreased appetite

Mar 1, 2008 (Started Jan 01, 2008)

Slight (for attention deficit/hyperactivity disorder)
  • Side effects
Advice & Tips: Caused severe heart burn. I normally have a strong enough stomach that nothing ever bothers me (spicy food, too much/too little fibre, bicycle parts), but if I took Strattera at something other then the EXACT right time relative to a meal, I got heart burn so severe that I considered calling 911.

Oct 1, 2007 (Started Dec 15, 2004)

Slight (for attention deficit/hyperactivity disorder)
  • Side effects
    Mild (constipation, elevated blood pressure)
Advice & Tips: To be honest, this medication was ok, but I didn't see how it benefitted me to be on it. It helped me slightly with add/adhd(I don't believe that I am add/adhd as much as I am bipolar II and these symptoms are a result of being hypomanic). Perhaps this would have worked better if I was truly add/adhd. When I came off of it, I noticed that it did affect my moods to a degree, and I would get bouts of depression. However that didn't last very long. The side affects were very mild compared to my other medications.
Side effects: constipation, elevated blood pressure

Showing 3 of 10 patient evaluations for Atomoxetine