80 patient evaluations for Aripiprazole

Dec 1, 2010 (Started Jan 01, 2010)

Major (for bipolar disorder)
  • Side effects
    Severe (involuntary movement in right foot, insomnia, involuntary movement, involuntary swallowing, bruiselike feeling under skin, unable to swallow need to eat soft foods and speech is affected)
Advice & Tips: BE WARNED...I had no idea that the list of sideeffects posted were happening, until I was harrassed on a REGULAR basis be aquesed of doing "Tweaker "Drugs". Then I remembered to ask my meds doc about the( can't swallow feel like I'm going to die) tender moments that were offen shared at dinner time with my loved ones....Then all went fast, people came in and out of the office that day holding my wrist,watching me sit(and move) the funniest observation was the tall male Dr. that had to bend over at least three feet coming to a hault at my mouth, he then said excuse me as he put his ear too close to my lips and posed this Question(?)" can you even taste what your... tongue-in?", in there, mam? Really, seriously...pay attention to all that you are...meaning..yes you have a condition...and yes you take medication...and Yes you ARE in control of getting the complete story, because I left out the last informative bit that I just got myself..ALL of the side effects are looking tobe perminate, and with the more research that is being done to/for me...it may be fatal if not stopped..ASK...ASK..no matter how good you may feel right then in the long run, well take care!red13

Feb 5, 2012 (Started Mar 03, 2010)

Slight (for depressed mood)
  • Side effects
    Severe (tardive dyskinesia)
Advice & Tips: It didn't make a huge improvement with my depression, but I was able to get things done here and there and hadn't really been able to before taking it. I had been taking it for a while and didn't at first associate the tremble in my neck as being side effects. But then I realized and stopped taking it, and the tremble has gradually subsided.

Apr 3, 2010 (Started Mar 03, 2010)

Moderate (for depressed mood)
  • Side effects
Advice & Tips: Of negative effects, I have slight constipation. I also find I am more easily irritated. As for benefits, I can get a few things done most days. That's a huge change, really. Before this, I would get a single goal done in a day, or none. Seriously. So being able to do four is outstanding. And it makes me feel a better about myself.

Jul 6, 2016 (Started Aug 08, 2009)

Major (for major depressive disorder)
  • Side effects
    Mild (weight gain)
Dosage: 7.5 mg Daily