108 patient evaluations for Alprazolam

Aug 20, 2008 (Started Apr 09, 2008)

Major (for anxious mood)
  • Side effects
    Mild (sedation)
Side effects: sedation

Nov 10, 2008 (Started Nov 10, 2005)

Slight (for Other)
  • Side effects
    Severe (memory problems, sleepiness, anger and irritability between doses)
Dosage: 0.25 mg Daily
Side effects: problems concentrating, anger and irritability between doses, sleepiness, memory problems

Mar 1, 2012 (Started Oct 04, 2009)

Moderate (for anxious mood)
  • Side effects
    Severe (excessive daytime sleepiness (somnolence), drowsiness)
Advice & Tips: this was just too dangerous driving for my job. My Pdoc worked with me to find other strategies for anxiety and stress relief rather than taking a benzo. We are making progress on reducing my symptoms with meditation, relaxation, visualization, journal writing, breathing, etc.
Side effects: drowsiness

Oct 25, 2010 (Started Oct 04, 2009)

Moderate (for anxious mood)
  • Side effects
    Mild (excessive daytime sleepiness (somnolence), drowsiness)
Advice & Tips: is effective if I take it everyday. If taken occasionally it causes drowsiness. Addiction danger for me. Only use occasionally as needed. Usually in anticipation of a stressful situation
Side effects: drowsiness

Dec 3, 2009 (Started Oct 04, 2009)

Major (for anxious mood)
  • Side effects
    Mild (excessive daytime sleepiness (somnolence), drowsiness)
Advice & Tips: Rather than take 1mg daily, I took these as needed. 1-3x's a day on severe anxiety days. Then many days I have none. That helps my concern re:addiction, as that is an issue with me. An unexpected benefit was a general feeling of well being after anxiety was diminishing. I am suspicious of depression being a reaction after several days in a row of Xanax and then none for a day...would leave me feeling down...probably a little withdrawel effect rather than Xanax triggering a depressive episode? This med worked wonders for the physical symptoms: sick stomach, shakes, inside quivers, sweating, and then I noticed a quiet feeling...didn't feel so uncomfortable in my own skin. The drowsies stopped after just a few uses.

Showing 3 of 108 patient evaluations for Alprazolam