108 patient evaluations for Alprazolam

Oct 8, 2008 (Started Oct 02, 2008)

Slight (for Treat my mood condition(s))
    Slight (for anxious mood)
  • Side effects
    Moderate (balance problems, problems concentrating, sleepiness)
Advice & Tips: Don't take it if you have to drive a car or anything; it makes me really dizzy. I'm also on another medication that makes me dizzy, so I don't know how much is each medication's fault, but I noticed a strong increase in the dizziness on the day I took these pills vs my normal everyday pills of the other medication.
Side effects: sleepiness, headaches, problems concentrating, balance problems

Jan 24, 2012 (Started Feb 03, 2011)

Slight (for anxious mood)
  • Side effects
Advice & Tips: I only take this as needed. 0.25 mg up to 4 times a day. It takes the edge off. When I feel very anxious I will take two. I know some who take 1 mg up to 6 times a day. I would sleep with anything over .50 mg. (lol) This is one of the drugs that are not covered in my low prescription cost program though it is much needed!

Mar 1, 2012 (Started Oct 04, 2009)

Moderate (for anxious mood)
  • Side effects
    Severe (excessive daytime sleepiness (somnolence), drowsiness)
Advice & Tips: this was just too dangerous driving for my job. My Pdoc worked with me to find other strategies for anxiety and stress relief rather than taking a benzo. We are making progress on reducing my symptoms with meditation, relaxation, visualization, journal writing, breathing, etc.
Side effects: drowsiness

Oct 25, 2010 (Started Oct 04, 2009)

Moderate (for anxious mood)
  • Side effects
    Mild (excessive daytime sleepiness (somnolence), drowsiness)
Advice & Tips: is effective if I take it everyday. If taken occasionally it causes drowsiness. Addiction danger for me. Only use occasionally as needed. Usually in anticipation of a stressful situation
Side effects: drowsiness

Dec 3, 2009 (Started Oct 04, 2009)

Major (for anxious mood)
  • Side effects
    Mild (excessive daytime sleepiness (somnolence), drowsiness)
Advice & Tips: Rather than take 1mg daily, I took these as needed. 1-3x's a day on severe anxiety days. Then many days I have none. That helps my concern re:addiction, as that is an issue with me. An unexpected benefit was a general feeling of well being after anxiety was diminishing. I am suspicious of depression being a reaction after several days in a row of Xanax and then none for a day...would leave me feeling down...probably a little withdrawel effect rather than Xanax triggering a depressive episode? This med worked wonders for the physical symptoms: sick stomach, shakes, inside quivers, sweating, and then I noticed a quiet feeling...didn't feel so uncomfortable in my own skin. The drowsies stopped after just a few uses.

Showing 3 of 108 patient evaluations for Alprazolam