92 patient evaluations for Amphetamine-Dextroamphetamine

Nov 15, 2007 (Started Mar 22, 2008)

Major (for attention deficit/hyperactivity disorder)
  • Side effects
    Mild (shaky hands, decreased sex drive (libido))
Advice & Tips: 1. I am retired and enjoy staying awake about 19 hrs/day (two naps), sometimes I will do a full "night's" sleep during the day. No problem finding things to do: cooking, internet, grocery store at 3,4, or 5 in the morning. 2. Significant weight loss but it made me feel even better. 3. Decreased libido. Used to read much more. Due to my erratic lifestyle I sometimes fail to attend family things which I don't mind but others do. I've always been a loner, the medication feeds it, which I also don't mind. Initially (12 mos), I dropped 35 lbs. Since, have gained back 10-12; but, felt much better at lighter weight mood-wise.
Side effects: decreased sex drive (libido), shaky hands, hyperactivity

Apr 12, 1996 (Started )

Major (for excessive daytime sleepiness (somnolence))
  • Side effects
    Moderate (insomnia, weight loss, mood elevated or improved, dry mouth, restlessness (akathisia))
Advice & Tips: Woo Hoo! Good stuff! Oh No! Too Good! I told my Doc I was having too much fun on this med and was on the verge of addiction. I gave him what was left in my bottle, and said GOODBYE TO AMPHETAMINES.
Side effects: dry mouth, restlessness (akathisia), mood elevated or improved, insomnia, weight loss

Showing 2 of 92 patient evaluations for Amphetamine-Dextroamphetamine