4 patient evaluations for Abatacept

Oct 7, 2010 (Started Apr 16, 2009)

Slight (for rheumatoid arthritis)
Dosage: 250 mg Monthly
Advice & Tips: It worked great for about a year, which is the usual run of RA meds before my body adjusts to them.
Side effects: cold sensations (coldness), fatigue, fatigue

Oct 16, 2009 (Started Apr 16, 2009)

Major (for rheumatoid arthritis)
  • Side effects
    Moderate (fatigue, cold sensations (coldness))
Dosage: 250 mg Monthly
Advice & Tips: The people at my infusion center are exceptionally nice, which makes this less of a burden than it could be. I definitely recommend not planning anything after the treatment except going home and snuggling with a heating pad, though; I had mine yesterday and even fully dressed plus socks, a hooded sweatshirt with the hood up, and fingerless gloves, I was freezing and exhausted. But it's really effective, so I figure I'd rather lose one day a month to freezing and exhausted than lose weeks to pain. Some women lose more days than that just from their period, so overall, I count myself fortunate to be able to be on Orencia. One word, though, about cost. I don't have to pay out of pocket, but if your insurance refuses to cover it, it's a couple thousand for each treatment.
Side effects: cold sensations (coldness), fatigue, fatigue

Jan 15, 2013 (Started Dec 15, 2012)

Slight (for rheumatoid arthritis)
  • Side effects
    Severe (sinus infection)
Dosage: 250 mg Every 6 Weeks

Jul 6, 2014 (Started Apr 15, 2014)

Moderate (for rheumatoid arthritis)
  • Side effects
    Mild (burning pain at injection site)
Dosage: 125 mg Weekly
Advice & Tips: The injection site burning only lasts through the first 2-3 shots, after that, it no longer burns upon injection.

Showing 3 of 4 patient evaluations for Abatacept