14 patient evaluations for 5-Hydroxytryptophan (5-HTP)

Oct 13, 2010 (Started Aug 17, 2010)

Major (for mood)
    Moderate (for sleep problems)
  • Side effects

Sep 19, 2010 (Started Oct 01, 2007)

Major (for obsessive-compulsive disorder)
    Major (for depression with anxiety)
    Can't tell (for cold and heat intolerance)
  • Side effects
Advice & Tips: NOTE: 200mg might be adequate (I'm experimenting), especially since the cost is high, and some reports exist that liver can be harmed with long term high dosage. I understand average dosing doesn't exceed 250mg, however, my doctor suggested we try 400mg for possibility that it might help me with heat and cold intolerance issues; of which I haven't been able to determine that it does over this 4-5yr usage. I intend to protect my liver and finances by lowering my dosage to 200mg and see if it is still supportive for my mental health. NOTE: It has been a GREAT supplement, and it has so many documented benefits for the body's well being. I'm aware of the many side effects that have been documented as possible, but as sensative as I am to medications, and foods, I have not had side effects from this supplement. I have continued to enjoy great benefit from the supplement. Mental Health is my first line of defense for physical health. I've often considered SAMe or Holy Basil for mental health due to various benefits, however, I understand that SAMe can be very expensive, and Holy Basil might be better utilized for short term stress, versus those who've experienced chronic high stress for long periods of time.

Jul 13, 2010 (Started Apr 11, 2010)

Major (for fibromyalgia)
Advice & Tips: I also experienced a decrease in appetite

Showing 3 of 14 patient evaluations for 5-Hydroxytryptophan (5-HTP)