2 patient evaluations for Trekking Poles

Jul 24, 2013 (Started Feb 01, 2013)

Major (for Improve mobility)
Dosage: 0.3 hr Daily
Advice & Tips: I can walk problem-free wth the poles. Without the poles, my gait is impaired and walking is difficult.

Feb 23, 2011 (Started Feb 26, 2009)

Slight (for pain)
Dosage: 40 min Daily
Advice & Tips: I no longer need or use trekking poles (for the past 3 years)as my exercise regime has greatly improves my ability to walk and move upright. I stillw alk the dogs daily though...

Feb 26, 2009 (Started Feb 26, 2009)

Major (for pain)
Dosage: 40 min Daily
Advice & Tips: TWO Trekking poles one for each arm is the best way to travel when walking but ONE pole will do for social occasions.I had been using a cane and that caused me to stoop. So I switched to the poles and really got going. I was using the cane and poles to drive myself forward not for balance -- and they do. Now after improving my exercise regime I now walk without the use of trekking poles.-- so I haven't used them in 2 years. And I was using canes and poles for 6 years prior to that. The first major impact was that the upper body exercise from using the poles relieved me of so much arm and shoulder pain. It was a major break through for me in working out how to manage my condition.

Showing 2 of 2 patient evaluations for Trekking Poles