52 patient evaluations for Paroxetine

Jun 1, 2002 (Started Jul 01, 2000)

Moderate (for depression with anxiety)
  • Side effects
    Severe (heat intolerance)
Advice & Tips: This medication is on my black list (as are other ssri's). Side effect was severe in my case (heat intolerance resulted while on medication, and has continued to be a problem to lesser degree, since discontinuation of the medication in 2002). Sadly, medical professionals I sought (and there were many), only had familiarity with ssri's, and did not have education, confidence, or familiarity with less toxic medications that were available. I did my own research on naturopathic options, and I sought the advise of a naturopath and have found greater success in treatment for my ocd, anxiety, and depression - with less side effects, through non-pharmacuetical approach; I now take 5-htp - have taken it 5yrs without side effects (although I know it can have some). I'm left frustrated that our health care system is geared to prescribe only pharmacueticals when there may often be less toxic medications out there that deliver the same success and with less dependence on the health care system.
Side effects: heat intolerance

Jul 1, 2001 (Started Jun 30, 2000)

Slight (for depressed mood)
    None (for post-traumatic stress disorder)
  • Side effects
Advice & Tips: can't remember any specifics.

Feb 15, 2000 (Started May 23, 1996)

Slight (for depressed mood)
  • Side effects
    Mild (anxious mood, agitation)
Side effects: anxious mood, anxious mood, agitation

Showing 3 of 52 patient evaluations for Paroxetine