3 patient evaluations for Methylin

Jun 17, 2010 (Started Dec 03, 2009)

Moderate (for attention deficit disorder)
    Slight (for depressed mood)
  • Side effects
Advice & Tips: I feel that this med (Ritalin, aka methylin) works moderately well in treating my ADD. I take one 10mg tab when I wake up & one 5mg tab around noon. I do feel that I wake up easier & faster when taking this, which was unexpected. This is positive for me as I have always had a very hard time waking up in the morning no matter how much sleep I've had. Anything that makes it easier for me to wake up is a good thing for me! I say the Ritalin has helped moderately because when I first started taking it the difference was remarkable! I felt almost normal, like I could sort out my thoughts a bit more coherently. Unfortunately, this didn't last long - my body seems to adjust to meds VERY fast (always has w/every med I've taken). At first I was taking 5mg in the am & another 5mg at noon. The noon dose made me sleepy if that makes any sense! So, I started taking both in the am. After talking to my pdoc, she decided to increase my dose to what I take now. I do feel that it works, but just not enough. It's like there's these steps in my brain, and the ritalin bumps me up the step, but just not quite enough. I can feel it, like it's just not quite there, not quite right yet... don't know if that makes any sense! Anyway, I'm babbling!!

May 15, 2010 (Started Jan 07, 2007)

Major (for attention deficit/hyperactivity disorder)
    Major (for fatigue)
Advice & Tips: This caused me extreme stomach problems

Feb 17, 2010 (Started Jun 12, 2009)

Can't tell (for fatigue)