131 patient evaluations for Interferon beta-1a IM Injection

Oct 2, 2014 (Started Oct 01, 2009)

None (for multiple sclerosis)
  • Side effects
    Moderate (nausea, dizziness, fever/chills, joint pain, tiredness, whole body ache, stabbing headaches, flu like symptoms, shivering, muscle aches)
Dosage: 30 mcg/0.5 mL Weekly
Side effects: shivering, nausea, whole body ache, fever/chills, tiredness, stabbing headaches, flu like symptoms, joint pain, dizziness, muscle aches

Mar 14, 2014 (Started Oct 01, 2009)

Moderate (for multiple sclerosis)
Dosage: 30 mcg/0.5 mL Weekly
Advice & Tips: I switch to avonex pen auto injector I wish I did this a long tme ago

Nov 2, 2009 (Started Oct 01, 2009)

Can't tell (for multiple sclerosis)
Dosage: 30 mcg/0.5 mL Weekly
Advice & Tips: I TAKE TO ALEIVE BEFOR AND DURING THE WHOLE WEEKEND. SOMETIME THE SIDE EFFECT ARE MILD SOMETIMES THE ARE STRONGE

Apr 23, 2014 (Started Jun 01, 2009)

Major (for multiple sclerosis)
  • Side effects
    Moderate (muscle and joint pain)
Dosage: 30 mcg/0.5 mL Weekly
Advice & Tips: Even though I switched to Aubagio, I would still recommend Avonex for anyone who is thinking about treatment. I watch my diet carefully and I exercise regularly, but there's no way I would skip MS medication. The costs of a relapse are just too high.

Apr 25, 2012 (Started Jun 01, 2009)

Major (for multiple sclerosis)
  • Side effects
    Mild (muscle and joint pain)
Dosage: 30 mcg/0.5 mL Weekly
Advice & Tips: I've had no new lesions since I started taking Avonex. For anyone who has been diagnosed, get on the drugs as soon as you can. I was given this advice, and I ignored it at first. It only took one relapse to change my mind.

Jan 17, 2014 (Started Mar 15, 2013)

None (for multiple sclerosis)
  • Side effects
    Severe (muscle fatigue, flu like symptoms, stiffness)
Advice & Tips: Prepare every members around you, you'll probably need them... Thanks for my wife who accepted to give me the injections at the end (missed the shot a couple of times and after that I was afraid to miss again.

Jan 13, 2014 (Started Mar 15, 2013)

Can't tell (for multiple sclerosis)
  • Side effects
    Severe (muscle fatigue, flu like symptoms, stiffness)
Advice & Tips: Be prepared to feel sick for two days (at least) next to the injection. Really hard to take care of family (2 children + new born) so get as much help around as possible with family, ressources, etc. At first, I was having the PEN wich is basically a spring that deals with the seringue on your behalf. Then changed for the pre-filled seringe because I could not stand the snap done by the PEN. But then, after missing the shot 2 or 3 times, I had to ask my wife to do it (being too scared to miss it once again).

Showing 3 of 131 patient evaluations for Interferon beta-1a IM Injection