3 patient evaluations for Cariprazine

Oct 8, 2018 (Started Jan 29, 2018)

Major (for schizoaffective disorder)
    Moderate (for bipolar I disorder)
  • Side effects
    Severe (improved quality of sleep, decreased sex drive (libido))
Dosage: 4.5 mg Daily
Advice & Tips: About 40 years ago in the late 1970's I started having problems with my sleep. My sleep problem grew very BAD, to a point that if I did not fall asleep in about 5 minutes I would be TORTURED to the point that I would have to get out of bed. The TORMENT could last for a couple hours or as short as a couple of minutes. After the TORMENT ended, I would try and go to sleep again, repeating the process. This made life HELL and I did not want to be alive. Each time I have add an atypical antipsychotic medication, my sleep has imported. This is my third atypical antipsychotic medication that I am now taking. My first atypical antipsychotic was Latuda and I thought it was a miracle medication, but then lost it's ability to aid in improving my sleep. Adding Invega to 120 mg of Latuda per day, was even a greater miracle. But after about two months it lost some of it miracle working medicated effect. Then I added Vraylar to 120 mg/day of Latuda and 15 mg/day of Invega and my sleep was just about perfect, I only woke up to go to the bathroom and was able to go back to sleep after going to the bathroom with only an occasionally wakeful period. When not on any antipsychotic medications, I could hardly sleep and I felt like; others could hear my thoughts (broadcasting), that I could hear other people thoughts (mind reading), that I could communicate by thought with others without speaking a word (telepathic communication), not only could I communicate with other people in this way but I could communicate with other things as if they had human like qualities (anthropomorphic telepathic communication), believing that I am super important to the world (grandiose thinking), that others were out to kill me (paranoia), and I would become very delusional. But, now after taking the antipsychotic medications for some time, not only do I not believe in these things (powers) were never true for me, I also believe that no one else has these powers. Maybe some people may have others out to kill them, but this is not true for me. Also, for over 35 years (1977 - 2013) I believed that God would talk to me personally and would give me personal instructions, but now, I don't believe this is/was probably ever true. Now, I believe God gave me a brain/mind so that I could figure out how to love other, which is what He wants me to do. Relief of the psychotic symptoms comes with a price, the side effects of those antipsychotic medications. The antipsychotic medications of today, work better with less side effects. than those in 1977 when I started taking them. I am still experiencing periods of torment it was like if a BLACK HOLE was sucking my mind DRY, LIQUID ACID to my soul, HELL, my mind would collapses, and I was unable to function as usual. These periods would last only a few minutes or can last up to as long as several hours and happen quite regularly and had been going on for about the last 40 years, but now on the three atypical antipsychotic I hardy experience this any more. But I have periods of not wanting to live because life has been so bad.

May 1, 2018 (Started Jan 29, 2018)

Major (for bipolar I disorder)
    Major (for schizoaffective disorder)
  • Side effects
    Severe (decreased sex drive (libido))
Dosage: 4.5 mg Daily
Advice & Tips: Each time I have add an atypical antipsychotic medication, my sleep has imported. This is my third atypical antipsychotic medication that I am now taking. My first atypical antipsychotic was Latuda and I thought it was a miracle medication, but then lost it's ability to aid in improving my sleep. Adding Invega to 120 mg of Latuda per day, was even a greater miracle. But after about two months it lost some of it miracle working medicated effect. Then I added Vraylar to 120 mg/day of Latuda and 15 mg/day of Invega and my sleep was just about perfect, I only woke up to go to the bathroom and was able to go back to sleep after going to the bathroom with only an occasionally wakeful period. When not on any antipsychotic medications, I could hardly sleep and I felt like; others could hear my thoughts (broadcasting), that I could hear other people thoughts (mind reading), that I could communicate by thought with others without speaking a word (telepathic communication), not only could I communicate with other people in this way but I could communicate with other things as if they had human like qualities (anthropomorphic telepathic communication), believing that I am super important to the world (grandiose thinking), that others were out to kill me (paranoia), and I would become very delusional. But, now after taking the antipsychotic medications for some time, not only do I not believe in these things (powers) were never true for me, I also believe that no one else has these powers. Maybe some people may have others out to kill them, but this is not true for me. Also, for over 35 years (1977 - 2013) I believed that God would talk to me personally and would give me personal instructions, but now, I don't believe this is/was probably ever true. Now, I believe God gave me a brain/mind so that I could figure out how to love other, which is what He wants me to do. Relief of the psychotic symptoms comes with a price, the side effects of those antipsychotic medications. The antipsychotic medications of today, work better with less side effects. than those in 1977 when I started taking them. I am still experiencing periods of torment it was like if a BLACK HOLE was sucking my mind DRY, LIQUID ACID to my sou, HELL, my mind would collapses, and I was unable to function as usual. These periods would last only a few minutes or can last up to as long as several hours and happen quite regularly and had been going on for about the last 40 years, but now on the three atypical antipsychotic I hardy experience this any more. But I have periods of not wanting to live because life has been so bad.

Feb 23, 2017 (Started Dec 14, 2016)

Major (for bipolar II disorder)
  • Side effects
    Severe (restlessness (akathisia), nausea)
Dosage: 1.5 mg Daily

Jan 16, 2017 (Started Dec 14, 2016)

Major (for bipolar II disorder)
  • Side effects
    Mild (restlessness (akathisia), nausea)
Dosage: 1.5 mg Daily
Advice & Tips: I've had decreased appetite since starting this medication.

Dec 22, 2016 (Started Dec 14, 2016)

Moderate (for bipolar II disorder)
  • Side effects
    Mild (nausea)
Dosage: 1.5 mg Daily

Feb 19, 2017 (Started Feb 16, 2017)

Slight (for bipolar II disorder)
    Slight (for bipolar disorder)

Showing 3 of 3 patient evaluations for Cariprazine