7 patient evaluations for Morphine IR

Mar 18, 2018 (Started Jul 01, 2017)

None (for breakthrough pain)
  • Side effects
Advice & Tips: If you are still in a lot of pain after taking this, nor find one to be enough; perhaps bring it up to your doctor. Honestly, I need a larger dose, and more frequently. Unfortunately, most of the time, doctors aren't going to budge... Even if you have a legitimate need for it. People are allowed to suffer all too often. If my pain gets even worse, I rarely break down and take more. They don't understand a patient taking opiates develops a tolerance. (rendering the tiny dose less effective, or not effective at all).

Jul 1, 2013 (Started Jul 01, 2013)

Major (for chronic pain)
    Major (for breakthrough pain)
  • Side effects
    Mild (sleepiness)
Advice & Tips: No problem with this medication, it worked great on breakthrough pain. My only concern was that I would develop a high tolerance for it and if I was ever seriously injured or became chronically ill, then it would not be affective. I also know now that I was not educated properly by my PCP at the time. I was given the false pretense that this medication would eliminate my pain 100%. After I struggled for over a year with managing my pain (and not taking medication properly because of being uneducated) I did the research on my conditions and pain medications and learned that you are always going to feel up to 30% of pain and the goal should be to lower the pain level as much as possible with medications and alternative methods like a heating pad for example.

Nov 13, 2012 (Started Nov 11, 2011)

Major (for chronic pain)