14 patient evaluations for Morphine ER

Aug 10, 2011 (Started Aug 01, 2009)

Moderate (for chronic pain)
    Moderate (for nerve pain (neuralgia))
    Moderate (for pain in lower back)
  • Side effects
    Mild (nausea, excessive daytime sleepiness (somnolence), frequent vertigo with nausea, constipation)
Advice & Tips: I am reducing down to 160mg/day. I don't think it's working so far! I'm taking more of the breakthrough stuff!
Side effects: nausea, excessive daytime sleepiness (somnolence), frequent vertigo with nausea, constipation

Sep 20, 2010 (Started Aug 01, 2009)

Major (for chronic pain)
    Slight (for nerve pain (neuralgia))
    Major (for pain in lower back)
  • Side effects
Advice & Tips: My pain kept escalating, so my doctor took me off my 90 mg of MS ER and switched it to 100mg twice daily with much improvement. I take Phenergan for nausea, so I don't even have a problem with that! I take Lortab 10/325 for break through pain.

Apr 29, 2010 (Started Aug 01, 2009)

Major (for chronic pain)
    Moderate (for nerve pain (neuralgia))
    Moderate (for pain in lower back)
  • Side effects
Advice & Tips: Because I can't have lower back surgery yet due to my weight and I need to lose more, my doctor raised my dose of MS ER to 90mg twice a day. This has been effective. I have had mild side effects such as nausea & sleepiness, but they are tolerable.

Mar 25, 2010 (Started Aug 01, 2009)

Major (for chronic pain)
    Slight (for nerve pain (neuralgia))
    Major (for pain in lower back)
  • Side effects
    Mild (excessive daytime sleepiness (somnolence), frequent vertigo with nausea, constipation)
Advice & Tips: I was started on Morphine about three months ago when I stopped responding to hydrocodone/apap. I was taking more and more of the hydrocodone, with ibuprofen and aspirin and it just didn't ever seem to work. I take it for the three slipped discs in my back that send shooting & radiating pain down both my legs. It is unbearable at times, so the MS has definitely worked wonders for me in terms of I can get up and about without that severe pain.

Sep 14, 2010 (Started Jul 26, 2010)

Slight (for fibromyalgia)
  • Side effects
Advice & Tips: No impact, helped a little with sleep but wore off in the middle of the night. Just didn't really help my pain.

Aug 20, 2010 (Started Jul 26, 2010)

Slight (for fibromyalgia)
  • Side effects
Advice & Tips: I don't understand how to enter dosage correctly. I take 1 tablet 2 times a day. The morning dose doesn't help at all. I see my pain mgmt doctor next week and we will be trying something else. The evening dose, along with 12 mg Ambien CR, allows me to sleep without waking in pain every hour.

Jul 7, 2010 (Started Jul 26, 2010)

Major (for fibromyalgia)
Advice & Tips: keeps pain from waking me up

Jun 17, 2010 (Started Sep 10, 2009)

Moderate (for chronic pain)
  • Side effects
    Mild (constipation, nausea)
Advice & Tips: I have lived w/ severe chronic pain (due to a severe collagen disorder similar to Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome) for over 7 years. This is the 2nd time in those years that I've been on time-released morphine. I was put on methadone in between. For me, morphine works far better than the methadone ever did. That said, it doesn't work THAT well & I have a lot of breakthrough pain. If I had something to take for breakthrough, I'm sure I'd rate that it works better. The only burden I have is getting to my dr's office every 28 days for my refill (they only give me a 28 day supply, not 30...) as I don't have a car & getting a ride is tedious... I don't tell anyone at all that I take what I do for pain, or even that I take anything for pain, as the last thing I need is them either hitting me up for a pill or just trying to steal them - both things I've had happen in the past, in fact had to end a friendship because of it (they wouldn't quit asking for pills even though I said no). Make sure you eat lots of whole-grain & gets a lot of fiber. Drink a lot of water. These will help with the constipation opioids cause...
Side effects: constipation, nausea, nausea

Nov 8, 2009 (Started Sep 10, 2009)

• Side effects
Advice & Tips: Just don't stop taking without dr's advice and tapering down, you can get very sick and can increase any psych issues you may have during withdrawal.
Side effects: constipation, nausea, nausea