116 patient evaluations for Prednisone

Apr 6, 2017 (Started Jan 24, 2017)

Major (for fibromyalgia)
    Major (for hypermobility syndrome)
    Major (for inflammation)
    Major (for pain)
    Major (for undifferentiated inflammatory arthritis)
  • Side effects
    Moderate (manic behaviors, unrefreshing or poor sleep)
Advice & Tips: If you are diabetic, I suggest a Paleo diet or low carb, no sugar diet to off set the increase in glucose levels. Plus it helps with the inflammation and weight loss.

Aug 15, 2016 (Started Jan 01, 1985)

Major (for Addison's disease)
    Moderate (for rheumatoid arthritis)
  • Side effects
    Moderate (diabetes type 2, weight gain, acute renal failure)
Advice & Tips: Prednisone has long (30 years worth) been my "nasty but necessary" treatment for my Rheumatoid Arthritis. It has caused me innumerable side effect problems, including 100lbs of weight gain, the dissolution of my previous marriage, Diabetes II, renal (kidney) failure, etc... Going off of it at various times has made me extremely ill, at least 3 times resulted in my hospitalization. For many years, this was the only RA treatment that functioned consistently and allowed me to continue living my life at least somewhat normally.

Jul 21, 2016 (Started Sep 15, 2015)

Moderate (for arthritis pain)
    Moderate (for Crohn's disease)
    Slight (for inflammation in joints)
  • Side effects
    Severe (mood swings, insomnia (less than 2 hours sleep), weight gain, dry skin, excessive thirst (polydipsia))
Advice & Tips: This is low cost but the side effects are worth considering. For short term use not an issue. For long term however, it has weight gain and insomnia, anxiousness, and need to taper of slowly or major withdrawals an issue. It seems for me it is no longer as effective from long term use.

Showing 3 of 116 patient evaluations for Prednisone