- Ages Eligible for Study
- Genders Eligible for Study
Thyroid Fine Needle Biopsy, Radioiodine, and Dosimetry
- National Institute of Diabetes and Digestive and Kidney Diseases (NIDDK)
Adults and children with known or suspected thyroid neoplasm will be considered for
1. Patients with thyroid nodules requiring evaluation and possible biopsy
2. Patients with recent diagnosis of thyroid cancer requiring consultation and counseling
about therapeutic options
3. Patients with established thyroid cancer requiring specialized studies such as (131)I
4. Enrollment of high risk, non-iodine avid, inoperable thyroid cancer for standard
treatment of screening for eligibility for other specific thyroid cancer protocols.
1. Serious underlying medical conditions that restrict diagnostic testing or therapy such
as renal failure, congestive cardiac failure or active coexisting non-thyroid carcinoma.
Participants in this study will be patients diagnosed with or suspected to have a thyroid nodule or thyroid cancer. The main purpose of this study is to further understand the methods for the diagnosis and treatment of thyroid nodules and thyroid cancer. Many of the test performed are in the context of standard medical care that is offered to all patients with thyroid nodules or thyroid cancer. Other tests are performed for research purposes. In addition, blood and tissue samples will be taken for research and genetic studies.
Contacts and Locations
Please refer to this study by its ClinicalTrials.gov identifier: NCT00001160
National Institutes of Health Clinical Center, 9000 Rockville Pike
Bethesda, Maryland United States
Status: RecruitingContact info For more information at the NIH Clinical Center contact Office of Patient Recruitment (OPR)800-411-1222xTTY8664111010prpl@cc.nih.gov