Write copy in your head when you’re in the shower? Maybe when you’re out with a friend that just bores the living salami out of you? Basically, are you writing copy all the time and loving life? We’re looking for someone like you to join our Engagement Communications Team at PatientsLikeMe.
PatientsLikeMe is a free online community for all patients with any life-changing condition. Members create profiles with detailed health data – think treatments taken, symptoms experienced, diagnosis history and more -- and share those experiences with the entire community. The end result? Patients taking control of their own disease while helping other patients and contributing to research.
Featured in New York Times Magazine, BusinessWeek, CBS Evening News with Katie Couric, and WIRED, the Cambridge-based company is a for-profit that's on the path of disrupting medicine by putting patients first.
- Step 1: learn about the product and what it means to our members. If you don’t know who you’re representing when you write, where do you even start? (Extra credit if you just caught that grammatical error.)
- Step 2: write your butt off.
- Step 3: repeat step 2.
- Work as part of the Engagement Communications Team, reporting to the Engagement Communications Manager, to produce headlines, body copy and long-form copy for multi-channel projects (web, mobile, blog entries, email campaigns, client related research projects, newsletters, video, print, social etc.)
- Learn the PatientsLikeMe voice to the point where it’s how you write and talk outside the office.
- A desire to take campaigns conceptualized by marketing managers and execute on the deliverables.
- Ability to edit and proofread project materials.
- Repeat step 2 some more.
- Smile when you read this job description. If you’re not, this might not be the place for you.
Skills and requirements:
- 3 to 5 years of copywriting experience.
- A portfolio (to be presented) that represents your diversity of work, including online ad campaigns, emails, blog posts, microsites, long-form and short-form copy.
- Experience collaborating with internal and external teams.
- An ability to be communicative, flexible and precise under tight deadlines.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
- A self-starter that stays motivated and likes complexity.
- Strong organizational skills and an attention to detail (because having one project to work on at a time is just sooooo boring).
- Work well under pressure, and love it.
- Excellent attitude and a true team player (not just a footnote but part of who you are).
- Interest in (or an interest learning about) healthcare.
Note: this position is based in Cambridge, MA
To apply for this position, please email your resume to email@example.com.