5 patient evaluations for Naltrexone taken for the purpose of 'Fibromyalgia' with a side effects rating of Mild

gridly1
FM:6y Dx
I am: b
ME/CFS

See gridly1's full Naltrexone history

Jan 28, 2014 (Started Nov 22, 2013)

Dosage: 4.5 mg Daily
Advice & Tips: When you start LDN you need to get off ALL opioids because they conflict. At first I was in pain all the time (4-7 out of 10)+ had Constant daytime drowsiness + vivid dreams every night. With in the week I started smiling instead of Grimacing all the time. Hygiene and house cleaning has become less troubling. After 2 months, the "Whole body" pain has decreased in intensity (now 2-4), allowing me to be able to identify and address specific symptoms w/ my doc. PLUS I've needed only 1or 2 NSAIDs a day! About two months in the drowsiness started to subside + the vivid dreams have been less noticeable!

Dec 13, 2013 (Started Nov 22, 2013)

• Burden: A little
Dosage: 4.5 mg Daily
Advice & Tips: LDN Helps stimulate endorphins. I seem to be in a better mood (not grimacing as much) and my symptoms seem to be less bothersome. I experience more drowsiness .

sandhouse
Description:F31y
FM:4y Dx
CFS:5y Dx

See sandhouse's full Naltrexone history

Sep 30, 2010 (Started Sep 02, 2010)

• Perceived effectiveness for Myalgic Encephalomyelitis/Chronic Fatigue Syndrome: None
  • Perceived effectiveness for Fibromyalgia: None
Side effects: Drowsiness

Sep 6, 2010 (Started Sep 02, 2010)

• Perceived effectiveness for Myalgic Encephalomyelitis/Chronic Fatigue Syndrome: Can’t tell
  • Perceived effectiveness for Fibromyalgia: Can’t tell
  • Side Effects: Moderate
Side effects: Drowsiness

Stickman: none
Description:F46y
FM:5y Dx

See PattyRo's full Naltrexone history

Sep 3, 2010 (Started May 06, 2010)

• Burden: Not at all
Advice & Tips: My nails and hair seem fuller and shinier and stronger. My previously bleeding gums are seemingly miraculously healed. My eyesight seems to be more clear, and im needing my glasses less often.

Jul 14, 2010 (Started May 06, 2010)

• Burden: A little
Advice & Tips: Because I have recently stopped taking Lyrica which helped me sleep, Ive gone down to 4.5mg of LDN every OTHER day. I still have great pain relief and cant inagine going back to my pre LDN pain levels. I havnt had a sniffly nose or a sore throat in almost 3 months which is incredible, since I had a sore throat for almost 2 years before LDN, and had several bouts of asthma, bronchitis and sinusitis all through the year for the last 5 years. LDN has impacted my life in such a positive way, Im still dealing with getting off Lyrica and Cymbalta.... but I know that once I get all those CRAP DRUGS out of my system and level out on the LDN, its gonna be all good!

Jun 23, 2010 (Started May 06, 2010)

• Perceived effectiveness for Fatigue: Slight
  • Burden: Not at all
Advice & Tips: Beg borrow and steal a prescription of LDN if you have all-over pain, cognitive difficulties, a low functioning immune system, and depression. All these have been GREATLY reduced thatnks to LDN. Please get out of your misery and TRY IT! ~Patty

May 18, 2010 (Started May 06, 2010)

• Burden: Not at all
Advice & Tips: Im in day 13 of LDN and 90% of my pain is gone, my tender points are not painful and I can have a bowel movement again, Its an amazing medication. I'm still taking 30mg Cymbalta and 150mg Lyrica but plan on titrating down soon. I have increased energy and a little amount of afternoon fatigue. PLEASE if your in pain from Fibromyalgia find a doctor to prescribe LDN for you.

May 1, 2009 (Started May 06, 2010)

• Perceived effectiveness for Fatigue: Moderate
  • Side Effects: Severe
  • Burden: Not at all
Advice & Tips: The drug was AMAZING, FANTASTIC.... BBBUUUTTTT, It made my newly diagnosed Cyclothymia/Bipolar worse, caused some manic side effects, the endorphin rush which was helpful in so many ways, was the very reason I had to stop taking it. It's a damn shame, because now I hurt more than I did before, but having my moods stabilized is a very wonderful thing!!

kgcfgh
Description:F54y
CFS:?y
FM:5y Dx

See kgcfgh's full Naltrexone history

May 18, 2010 (Started May 01, 2010)

• Burden: Not at all
Advice & Tips: Started out on 4.5 mg every night and that's where I have continued...I believe it has made a difference...not completely pain free but better....has also cleared up some acne...
Side effects: Morning nausea

mochafroggy
Description:F55y
FM:13y Dx
I am: b

See mochafroggy's full Naltrexone history

Dec 1, 2009 (Started Oct 30, 2009)

• Perceived effectiveness for Fibromyalgia: Can’t tell
Dosage: 4.5 mg Daily
Advice & Tips: It seemed to help initially but after 2 weeks I was in a pain place where I hadn't been in over a year. Doctor putting me back on Ultam.
Side effects: Nausea

Showing 5 of 5 patient evaluations for Naltrexone