17 patient evaluations for Interferon beta-1b SubQ Injection taken for the purpose of 'Multiple Sclerosis' with a side effects rating of None

kzncolin
47422 thumb
kzncolin
Relapse: Severe

See kzncolin's full Interferon beta-1b SubQ Injection history

Sep 12, 2014 (Started Jul 01, 2007)

• Burden: Not at all
Advice & Tips: I don't know what to say. MS is different for every single one of us, so waht works for me, may not be up your alley.

chasmengr
53779 thumb
chasmengr
Vision: mild

See chasmengr's full Interferon beta-1b SubQ Injection history

Aug 11, 2014 (Started Apr 27, 2009)

• Perceived effectiveness for Transverse Myelitis: Can’t tell
  • Adherence: Usually
Dosage: 0.3 mg every other day
Advice & Tips: Dosing interrupted on doctor's advice during chemo therapy (Taxotere) because both drugs suppress the immune system.
Side effects: Headaches, Injection site redness

Dec 27, 2009 (Started Apr 27, 2009)

Dosage: 0.3 mg every other day
Advice & Tips: Prepping and giving shots myself (with auto injector) is easy even with my tremors. I use and rotate only the front 12 sites. Sometimes I hardly feel the shot; sometimes it feels like a bee sting; once in awhile a little blood surfaces. I typically get mild headaches on my off day - easily managed with Advil - no other side effects. It's nice that free sharps disposal is available in my town.
Side effects: Headaches, Injection site redness

Upper limb: none
Walking: none
I am: g

See buterfly26's full Interferon beta-1b SubQ Injection history

Jun 26, 2014 (Started Jul 01, 2010)

Dosage: 0.3 mg every other day
Advice & Tips: After I learned how to give myself the injections it has been smooth. I do use a shot device so I don't have to look at the needle going into my body. I just have to remember to take it every other day, and that took some time, but now it is just part of my routine. I am conscious about taking it because I is told it would slow the progression of the disease.

desrat
28533 thumb
desrat
Relapse: Moderate
Upper limb: mild
Walking: mild

See desrat's full Interferon beta-1b SubQ Injection history

Jul 19, 2013 (Started Jul 15, 2001)

Dosage: 0.3 mg every other day

Oct 8, 2010 (Started Jul 15, 2001)

Dosage: 0.3 mg every other day
Advice & Tips: I've been taking Betaseron for almost a decade and it seems to work; I haven't gotten worse or required a hospital visit. I had flu-like symptoms in the first several months I took it and maybe once a year since. I bruise in the injection spots, occasionally and sometimes the medicine burns going in. The autoject device is good to get familiar with in case your significant other or caretaker is not available to deliver it to you. One thing I noticed is that I haven't caught the flu since going on Betaseron. Since 2003 or so, Betaseron does not require refrigeration and that was a welcome change.

ingles56
Portrait default thumb
ingles56
Data Quality: 1 star
Cognition: mild

See ingles56's full Interferon beta-1b SubQ Injection history

Jul 16, 2012 (Started Jul 14, 2010)

Ellaj35
61640 thumb
Ellaj35
Speech: mild

See Ellaj35's full Interferon beta-1b SubQ Injection history

Apr 14, 2012 (Started Dec 07, 2010)

Side effects: Nausea sometimes, Injection site reaction

Sep 19, 2011 (Started Dec 07, 2010)

Dosage: 0.3 mg every other day
Advice & Tips: Just read all information inserts and take as prescribed reporting all side effects to the doctor if and when they do occur... I have always had a positive attitude toward my medicine choice and know that its slowing ms down!
Side effects: Nausea sometimes, Injection site reaction

Jul 19, 2011 (Started Dec 07, 2010)

Side effects: Nausea sometimes, Injection site reaction

Jul 1, 2011 (Started Dec 07, 2010)

Side effects: Nausea sometimes, Injection site reaction

Mar 27, 2011 (Started Dec 07, 2010)

Advice & Tips: easy to administer
Side effects: Nausea sometimes, Injection site reaction

Feb 15, 2011 (Started Dec 07, 2010)

Side effects: Nausea sometimes, Injection site reaction

Feb 9, 2011 (Started Dec 07, 2010)

Dosage: 0.3 mg every other day
Advice & Tips: Still scary having to inject every other day.....
Side effects: Nausea sometimes, Injection site reaction

Jan 16, 2011 (Started Dec 07, 2010)

Dosage: 0.75 mg every other day
Advice & Tips: Today was injection # 21. I still do the same things as with the other times. 2 Aleve 1 hour before, massage site gently after injection and put on a little benadryl anti itch cream or bacitracin. Take 2 Aleve the day after. So far, so good. Only 2 site reactions, # 4 and # 5 on my upper thighs. Slight red water blister like bumps. After 3 days of bacitracin, skin started to look normal, only a slight difference in color, like a black and blue bruise, thats going away now too.
Side effects: Nausea sometimes, Injection site reaction

Jan 2, 2011 (Started Dec 07, 2010)

Dosage: 0.5 mg every other day
Advice & Tips: giving myself the injection is easier now with the autoinjector- today with be injection # 14, and the 5 the one with the auto injector. No major side effects from the medicaton itself, no known changes at this time but the impact of having to get an injection every other day is overwhelming at times...
Side effects: Nausea sometimes, Injection site reaction

Dec 26, 2010 (Started Dec 07, 2010)

Dosage: 0.5 mg every other day
Advice & Tips: just got my auto injector- yesterday I used it for the 2nd time, it really makes injecting easier ( did not use it myself yet, my husband gives me the injection)
Side effects: Nausea sometimes, Injection site reaction

Dec 12, 2010 (Started Dec 07, 2010)

Dosage: 0.25 mg every other day
Advice & Tips: not as hard to injject as first thought- just a little difficulty in preparing the syringe, but getting there, i have had 3 injections total and self injected twice...

mrsnurse
53908 thumb
mrsnurse
Sensation: Moderate
Overall: None
Upper limb: none
Walking: none

See mrsnurse's full Interferon beta-1b SubQ Injection history

Aug 14, 2011 (Started Sep 10, 1998)

• Perceived effectiveness for Fatigue: Slight
Dosage: 0.3 mg Daily
Advice & Tips: I take the beta-seron just before going to bed at night. This helps me sleep through any symmptoms of aches. This doesn't really bother my daily life. I have become adjusted to just giving the injection every other day with the auto-injector.
Side effects: Flu like symptoms

Dec 29, 2008 (Started Sep 10, 1998)

• Perceived effectiveness for Fatigue: Major
  • Adherence: Usually
Dosage: 0.3 mg Daily
Advice & Tips: With time, the stress of giving injections to yourself will get easier. Thank goodness for the autoinjector! Be sure to take tylenol or Motrin if you have any flu-like symptoms.
Side effects: Flu like symptoms

Poindexter
20691 thumb
Poindexter
Data Quality: 1 star
Speech: mild
I am: b

See Poindexter's full Interferon beta-1b SubQ Injection history

Apr 17, 2011 (Started Mar 05, 2011)

junae
39737 thumb
junae
Cognition: mild
Upper limb: mild
Walking: mild

See junae's full Interferon beta-1b SubQ Injection history

Feb 9, 2011 (Started Mar 01, 1999)

• Burden: Somewhat
Advice & Tips: This medication was great for my first 12 yrs of being dx then i had to switch to Tysabri.

Aturo
17117 thumb
Aturo
I am: g

See Aturo's full Interferon beta-1b SubQ Injection history

Nov 10, 2010 (Started Jan 29, 2010)

• Perceived effectiveness for Multiple Sclerosis: None
Dosage: 0.3 mg Daily
Advice & Tips: For some this treatment works as for me it didn't. I would like to THANK All those at NOVARTISE for their help and followup care. After careful thought and prayer and numerous office visits with different Hospitals. I will be Starting Novantrone in February 2011 This gives me the best option of continuum of care without closing the door on other options. so we will try this first then Cytotoxen and Tysabri last instead of first.
Side effects: Flu like symptoms, Injection site bruising, Injection site burning, Mild side effects, Injection site irritation

Sep 28, 2010 (Started Jan 29, 2010)

Dosage: 0.3 mg Daily
Advice & Tips: I started Extavia in January 2010 and this is what I recommend Taking Aleve 4 hours prior to injection time then Tylenol 1 hour prior to injection. I had an MRI done in June there were two lesions more. Then I had another MRI done in September. I´m waiting on the results and will be going for a follow up visit in October to discuss the results and to see if the Extavia is producing the results expected. If not there will be a jump to IV Therapy.

May 31, 2010 (Started Jan 29, 2010)

Dosage: 0.3 mg Daily
Advice & Tips: I feel as though this medication is working I am no longer taking any pre meds before injection time.

Mar 24, 2010 (Started Jan 29, 2010)

Dosage: 0.3 mg Daily
Advice & Tips: The side effects have diminished, I have experienced very little during effects. For this I´m grateful. Although, I continue to take one Tylenol 500 mg. 1 hour prior to injection. This a downgrade of medication prior to injection from 2 Tylenol 500 mg 4 hours prior and 2 Aleve 1 hour prior . To be at this point took over a month.

Mar 9, 2010 (Started Jan 29, 2010)

Dosage: 0.3 mg Daily
Advice & Tips: My side effects are calming down with my arm and leg injections and the bruising with my abdomen injection site are calming down as well.

Feb 20, 2010 (Started Jan 29, 2010)

• Side Effects: Moderate
Advice & Tips: Injection site bruising

Feb 17, 2010 (Started Jan 29, 2010)

• Side Effects: Moderate
Dosage: 0.3 mg Daily
Advice & Tips: Feb. 16 2010 Placed injection for the first time in Abdomen on right side Middle location: This was the first time that I have had a reaction such as this since beginning treatment with Extavis. My reaction was one hour after injection time of 8:30 P.M on 02/16/2010 1) Light Nausea 2) Difficulty sleeping was awake most of the night 3) Acid Reflux 4) Increase in headache discomfort This reaction lasted almost 20 hrs.

Feb 11, 2010 (Started Jan 29, 2010)

Dosage: 0.3 mg Daily
Advice & Tips: I have used Extavia seven times so far. I have not used the abdomen location for injections. I have used my left arm for the second time this is the only time that I felt a slight burn as the Extavia was going into my arm. I do follow a strict protocol before injection time 8:30 pm 4 hrs prior I take two Aleve then 1 hour prior to injection I take two 500 mg. Tylenol and bed by 10:00 pm this seems to have reduced any adverse reactions that others have had with Betaseron or Extavia.

Jan 30, 2010 (Started Jan 29, 2010)

Dosage: 0.3 mg Daily
Advice & Tips: Extavia, is exactly the same as Betaseron there is no difference in the product except the price Betaseron $ 2,500.00 and Extavia $ 3,600.00 a month. They, Novartis, is under contract with Bayer. Novartis, has a PAP program where based on your income it can be no charge for the product the first year or there is a reduction in price based on your income. Here is their number: 866-925-2333 Monday through Friday 8am - 8pm EST What we have noticed is that the support team at Novartis ( Extavia ) is absolutely wonderful. If you ever have a question, any question call them, they will answer that question quickly or put you to the person that is handling that issue for you. Novartis has a program called: Extavia, Your Guide to Beginning Therapy We have watched the DVD several times even before receiving the Extavia. this very informative and carefully designed to answer questions you may have. I recommend watching the DVD again even when your doing this by yourself until your comfortable with the process of setting up the injection and the Auto injector. They were in touch with my Neurologist quickly and my supplies were sent before I knew it was coming. Next day FED EX. I received two packages separately one was the Auto Injector which your doctor has to prescribe, and then the vials that COME IN A BOX 15 VIALS. Injections are every other day. After receiving each box, Novartis, called to verify I received the package, within 10 minutes of each delivery. In addition, Novartis setś up a Nurse to come to your house to help you get started with the program and trains you in the use of injection therapy. Based on advice from other users of this product the following was recommended: Before using this product, this is what I did I set my Injection time for 8:30 PM Prior to this time I did this: 1) I took 2 tablets of Aleve to alleviate the side effectś. 4 hours ahead of injection time. 2) 1/2 hour prior to injection two Tylenol 500 mg each. About an 1 1/2 hours later I was in bed sleeping * This is with regards to the Auto Injector, USE IT !!!! the needle is very tiny 27 gauge needle. and looking at the whole shot it appears large and maybe, I don't want to do this. With the Auto Injector all your looking at is the plastic case and push the button count to 10 and it´s over. THIS IS SO EASY !!! I used this last night for the first time with no problem. AND EASED MY APPREHENSION ALOT... Side effects: Injection site is alittle tender to touch nothing severe. If anyone has a question JUST ASK please Iĺl respond Thank you Brian

Showing 10 of 17 patient evaluations for Interferon beta-1b SubQ Injection