2 patient evaluations for Individual Therapy taken for the purpose of 'Bipolar Disorder' with a side effects rating of Mild

fuzzer29
Distress: Moderate
I am: b
Bipolar II

See fuzzer29's full Individual Therapy history

Oct 1, 2010 (Started Jun 07, 2010)

• Perceived effectiveness for Bipolar Disorder: Slight
  • Perceived effectiveness for Depressed mood: None
  • Perceived effectiveness for Anger: Slight
  • Side Effects: Mild
  • Adherence: Sometimes
  • Burden: Very
Dosage: 50 min Weekly
Advice & Tips: I have found cognitive behavioral therapy to be a waste of time for me personally. That said I do think there are a LOT of people that would benefit from this type of therapy. I wasn't in it very long at all, maybe 2 months, and that just is not enough time to get any real gain from it, in my opinion. It was very hard for me to apply it to every day life, but I did learn a few coping techniques to apply, and I do that routinely, but I still falter somewhat. Overall, I think this is a good therapy, I think I just need to find a therapist that I feel more comfortable with, and where the therapy is not solely cognitive behavioral therapy. I hope this helps someone!

pheonix61
45106 thumb
pheonix61
Data Quality: 2 stars
  • Sex: M
  • Age: 63
Condition: COPD 43 additional condition(s)
Quality of Life:
  • Mental: None
  • Physical: Mild
I am: n
COPD

See pheonix61's full Individual Therapy history

Dec 8, 2006 (Started May 01, 2006)

• Perceived effectiveness for Generalized Anxiety Disorder: Moderate
  • Perceived effectiveness for Major Depressive Disorder: Moderate
  • Perceived effectiveness for Bipolar Disorder: Major
  • Side Effects: Mild
  • Adherence: Usually
  • Burden: A little
Dosage: 30 min Weekly
Advice & Tips: Using the computer and its search engine on the internet I learnt a great deal about my problems, was able to self diagnose which was later ran by the doctor (psyciatrist) who confirmed my diagnosis. Late I started using dialectal behaviour therapy using their daily diary/record sheets which in the end had a big impact on my daily life I was able to break from the confines of psycological withdrawal/isolation. Now I am learning to mix with people again first on a small scale slightly increasing over a period of time. This also impacts greatly on my lack of range of movement due to spinal damage and breathlessness due to the fybrosis.

Showing 2 of 2 patient evaluations for Individual Therapy