5 patient evaluations for Clonazepam taken for the purpose of 'Epilepsy' with a perceived effectiveness rating of Slight

rockymax
4 seizures
31 weeks ago
I am: n

See rockymax's full Clonazepam history

Jan 12, 2014 (Started Sep 04, 2011)

• Perceived effectiveness for Panic Disorder: Moderate
  • Burden: Not at all
Advice & Tips: it helps alot to curve a seizure!! when i have a bad day i take extra and sometimes no seizure. i recomend xanex 1 mg and diazapam 5 mg. will be seeing new doc soon and thats what i will be taking along with keppra

May 31, 2012 (Started Sep 04, 2011)

• Perceived effectiveness for Epilepsy: Major

0 seizures
13 weeks ago
I am: b

See PaintingsByChris's full Clonazepam history

Jan 14, 2013 (Started Aug 04, 2011)

• Burden: Not at all
Advice & Tips: Klonopin is also effective in helping to reduce anxiety.
Side effects: Headaches all day

Sep 27, 2010 (Started Aug 04, 2011)

Advice & Tips: Headaches
Side effects: Headaches all day

Jul 22, 2010 (Started Aug 04, 2011)

• Burden: Not at all
Advice & Tips: This medication has stopped my mussel twitching at night. My legs would jerk hard my shoulder would jerk. If I dreamed I was throwing something my shoulder would move like was really throwing it. The twitches would wake me up and my wife said she got kicked a few times.

trice
16081 thumb
trice
  • Age: 44y
  • Duration: 31 yrs
  • Mental: None
  • Physical: None
Surgery type: Vagus Nerve Stimulation (VNS)
0 seizures
3 weeks ago
I am: g

See trice's full Clonazepam history

Apr 4, 2011 (Started Jun 04, 1984)

• Burden: A little
Side effects: Stiffness/Spasticity, Balance problems

minnkels
2 seizures
128 weeks ago
I am: g

See minnkels's full Clonazepam history

Jun 29, 2010 (Started Jan 15, 2005)

• Adherence: Sometimes
  • Burden: Not at all
Advice & Tips: Decreased anxiety, especially helpful when I feel a seizure about to come on. Klonopin is a benzodiazeprine, which makes it a controlled substance and more difficult to get sometimes. If you have a problem with drug/alcohol abuse in the past, be very careful taking this med as it can be addictive. Also, expect some daytime sleepiness if you take it during the day or even the night before...it disrupts sleep patterns a bit but is overall not a bad drug.
Side effects: Sex drive (libido) decreased

Dazed&Confused
14 seizures
125 weeks ago
I am: b

See Dazed&Confused's full Clonazepam history

Apr 12, 2010 (Started Apr 01, 2005)

• Perceived effectiveness for Epilepsy: Slight
  • Side Effects: Severe
  • Burden: A little
Dosage: 0.5 mg Daily
Advice & Tips: As with any other seizure medication.....start with a low dose and take only the amount you need for effectiveness. If you see no improvement, you Dr. will probably keep increasing your dosage to see if more is of benefit. If you suffer from panic attacks, as I have, this will help control these also. Also benefit for depression. However, the more you take, the more TIRED you will become and sometimes find it VERY difficult to get out of bed. Active people can feel like they have been hit "by a truck". But, if you suffer from one of the types of seizures that I have, simple partial "psychic seizures", this has been the only medication that can help break up the total state of confusion. Although simple partial seizures are supposedly short.... mine always take effect in loops. When they first hit I do not understand anything spoken or written language. I cannot read, write, type... and feel like a total idiot. Every couple of minutes, I get about 10 seconds of being able to communicate....then it all starts again.. and over.. and over. My "loops" of simple partial psychic seizures usually last at minimum two hours but normally continue for up to about 7-8 hours. Sometimes I have to just keep taking Klonopin doses until it knocks me out.... as it is better to be knocked out than being totally aware and trying to talk, type, read,.... I have been told by others I have a whole new vocabulary when they happen. The simplest of words make no sense to me and even if I do say them I don't undertand myself and find myself repeating the same word or words to others seeking "understanding" of my vocabulary.
Side effects: Ringing in ears (tinnitus), Confusion, Dizziness, Sleepiness, Fatigue, Fatigue

Showing 5 of 5 patient evaluations for Clonazepam