1 patient evaluation for Group Therapy taken for the purpose of 'Borderline Personality Disorder' with a perceived effectiveness rating of Major

rodolptte24
Distress: Low
I am: g
Eating Disorder

See rodolptte24's full Group Therapy history

Feb 18, 2011 (Started Apr 23, 2009)

• Perceived effectiveness for Borderline Personality Disorder: Major
  • Side Effects: None
  • Adherence: Always
  • Burden: Not at all
Advice & Tips: DBT helped me learn skills to help me regulate my emotions. As a consequence I have stopped all self-harming behaviors. This is a huge accomplishment for me because I had been injuring myself for a long time. The most important thing was making the commitment to show up every week for the group therapy sessions and making the weekly appointments with your individual therapist. You have to make a conscious commitment to learn the skills and actually apply them in your life. It works if you work it!

Nov 7, 2009 (Started Apr 23, 2009)

• Perceived effectiveness for Borderline Personality Disorder: Major
  • Side Effects: None
  • Adherence: Always
  • Burden: Not at all
Dosage: 2.5 hr Weekly
Advice & Tips: This treatment was prescribed by my doctor to help treat borderline personality disorder so that I might stop my self-injurious behavior that often accompanies this disorder. This group requires a year-long commitment and meets weekly for two and a half hours. During the week we are responsible for keeping up a diary card which is gone over in individual therapy meetings. So far my incidents of self-injury are way down as well as my suicidal urges. It has been an excellent treatment.

Showing 1 of 1 patient evaluation for Group Therapy