5 patient evaluations for Individual Therapy taken for the purpose of 'Major Depressive Disorder' with a perceived effectiveness rating of Can’t tell

Portrait default thumb
Depression: 3
Emotional: 1
Compulsion: 0
External Stress: Overwhelming
54 F
Major Depressive Disorder

See Nadira's full Individual Therapy history

Oct 28, 2014 (Started Oct 28, 2014)

• Perceived effectiveness for Support mental / emotional health: Major
Dosage: 120 min Monthly
Advice & Tips: 2014 first appointment after intake appointment. With my past experience I expect that this is a good match for me. I did find the suportive connection I feel I need at this time. Therapy is hard work and today was no exception, I was surprised to say the least that I found under my fear of up coming jaw surgery was the thought I did not want to 'come home' or survive the procedure. Even typing this it is to fresh and painful, but I am safe, and have a Pdoc appointment tomorrow, which I promised I would keep, (I never miss no matter what, and and almost always early) The Tdoc sees that I am strong and have skills to manage yet maybe I should ask my Pdoc to brainstorm and adjust my meds. As Tdoc sees deep sadness, not the flatness. Could I ever admit to being sad? Hummm, of course if I was not feeling anything why would i be crying as I type this?

ITalkToTheWind
External Stress: Moderate
23 F
Borderline Personality

See ITalkToTheWind's full Individual Therapy history

Aug 1, 2014 (Started Aug 01, 2012)

• Perceived effectiveness for Anxious mood: Can’t tell
  • Perceived effectiveness for Problems concentrating: Can’t tell
  • Perceived effectiveness for Persistent worry: Slight
  • Side Effects: Mild
  • Adherence: Sometimes
  • Burden: A little
Dosage: 50 min Weekly
Advice & Tips: The particular therapist/therapy I do not think was helpful to me. I never felt like I was making much progress on my core issues and anxieties. I initially came to this therapist for help with my performance anxiety and depression around writing and creating; I couldn't complete or focus on my school work that required any writing without suffering and panic. I also experienced this with painting and other work, but especially writing. We spent about 2-3 months doing a full diagnosis, and we did not find anything new. I did not like the treatment method she used, but I was drawn to her because of her knowledge of holistic treatments, and that she understood my sensitivity to anti-depressants and other medications. and I don't think I felt comfortable with her to tell her what was actually going on. Once in awhile when I would really open up and get into a deeper understanding of myself, it would be ignored and she would hyper focus on whatever issues or task of the week. Everything we did was too compartmentalized, and that stressed me out more. I feel like a lot of time was wasted talking about things I did not want to talk about. I often left feeling worse because I didn't complete the goals we would have set for the previous week, yet still filled with so many thoughts and issues I wanted to talk about it my head. Everything that we talked about was just very superficial, and almost too cold/clinical. "Did you complete this, did the fighting with your dad decrease, how is the depression from 1-10" She also does not know much/or anything besides what she read in the DSM about Borderline Personality Disorder (or that's what it seemed maybe I am harshly judging), so I am now going to seek someone with a different approach, and knowledge of my main disorder. She was very helpful in helping me apply to programs and find hospitals when I needed to, giving me a discounted co-payment, and other accommodations, but I just could not connect with her advice. I felt like I was scattered in my treatment too often which lead me to feeling more incompetent than I already do on a daily basis. We would talk about trying new things like hypnosis, art therapy and other different methods with her but we would never get around to them, its like she would forget our next meeting. (which made me feel terrible because that is a huge trigger for me to start things and never finish them, or say you are going to do something and never do them.) I don't know how much of anything is my therapists fault, and I appreciate everything she has done for me, but I think it is time to seek a different treatment. She would talk a lot about how she helped her other patients using different methods, but I never felt like she was helping me. Tip: If you do not feel open/comfortable with your therapist do not feel pressure to continue with them. I was waiting things out for a long time, but I did not accept it was not working.

Nov 17, 2013 (Started Aug 01, 2012)

• Perceived effectiveness for Major Depressive Disorder: Slight

External Stress: Overwhelming
54 F
Major Depressive Disorder

See Nadira's full Individual Therapy history

Aug 13, 2013 (Started Feb 15, 2010)

• Side Effects: Mild
  • Burden: A little
Dosage: 30 min Monthly
Advice & Tips: It was worth the wait for the summary for the insurance company. Very encouraging, that the Pdoc report is showing I was heard. The sertraline was lowered again I am hoping that this will improve energy, dreams without increasing depression symptoms. I think my anxiety is the part of the cycle that leads to fatigue, depression and around again,

Aug 3, 2013 (Started Feb 15, 2010)

Dosage: 30 min Monthly
Advice & Tips: Solution "get a job" and that is not as simple as it sounds. June 25, 2013 said she would do a summary of treatment that I could if I wished send as part of LTD appeal. Today is Aug 3rd and last week I left a message inquiring when I could pick up the report. Impact timeline for appeals. no money end of this month. Have applied for financial aid, as well as in program for helping people with mood disorders find work. does my Dr have responsibility to me to provide reports in a timely manner?

SoreMomma
FM:5y Dx
I am: vb
Fibromyalgia

See SoreMomma's full Individual Therapy history

Apr 18, 2013 (Started May 01, 2010)

• Perceived effectiveness for Separation Anxiety Disorder: Can’t tell
  • Perceived effectiveness for Agoraphobia: Can’t tell
  • Perceived effectiveness for OCD (Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder): Can’t tell
  • Perceived effectiveness for Generalized Anxiety Disorder: Can’t tell
  • Perceived effectiveness for Support mental / emotional health: Can’t tell
  • Side Effects: Moderate
  • Burden: Not at all
Dosage: 60 min Monthly
Advice & Tips: Dr. Z. is a moron and I wouldn't recommend him to anyone. The only reason that I see him is to help keep up with my medications. Other than that, I don't tell him anything that he doesn't need to know and I only tell him what medications I take and why I take them and tell him and let him decide if they need to be upped or downed. Other than that, I do not have anything to do with him, period.

zzzippy
36984 thumb
zzzippy
Data Quality: 1 star
Sensation: Moderate
Overall: Moderate
Cognition: moderate
Walking: moderate
I am: n
MS

See zzzippy's full Individual Therapy history

May 2, 2012 (Started Aug 16, 2011)

• Perceived effectiveness for Generalized Anxiety Disorder: Can’t tell
  • Perceived effectiveness for Dissociation: Can’t tell
  • Burden: Not at all
Dosage: 20 min Monthly
Advice & Tips: I cannot stand this!!! Walk in and he has already written script, will not give time to talk, and out the door you go, but not in six days, I am laying it all out in front of him, LIKE IT OR NOT, will not be my problem any more!!!

Showing 5 of 5 patient evaluations for Individual Therapy