2 patient evaluations for Lisdexamfetamine taken for the purpose of 'ADHD (Attention Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder)' with a perceived effectiveness rating of Moderate

ITalkToTheWind
Distress: Low
I am: n
Borderline Personality

See ITalkToTheWind's full Lisdexamfetamine history

Dec 24, 2012 (Started May 22, 2012)

• Perceived effectiveness for Lack of motivation: Major
  • Perceived effectiveness for Fatigue: Major
  • Perceived effectiveness for ADHD (Attention Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder): Moderate
  • Side Effects: Moderate
  • Adherence: Sometimes
Dosage: 20 mg Weekly
Advice & Tips: Once again, stopped the Vyvanse. It really makes me unstable because the days after I take it the energy is incomparable to how it was when I took the drug. It also kind of made me really unmindful, I would constantly lose things and feel quite restless on it. I'm trying a drug-less approach to ADD, and its been working great so far.

Nov 2, 2012 (Started May 22, 2012)

• Side Effects: Moderate
  • Adherence: Usually
  • Burden: A little
Advice & Tips: I need to take a break from Vyvanse. It makes me happy/excited/energetic and it sometimes it is too much for me when I am as depressed and anxious as I am, which makes me feel weird because I should not be happy just when I take it. It is great for motivation but it still takes me a while to start the work/homework I am anxious about. I only took this medication a couple times a week. When I did take it I felt "normal" finally, but I feel like I shouldnt take something to feel normal. Not taking it every day made me feel really unstable as well because of how manic it made me. but hey at least I'm guaranteed to get something done when I take it, whether it is cleaning or starting some school work. BUT Vyvanse does work 100 times better than adderall, and did help me a lot despite all this other stuff I've been saying, but I just cant take it at this time in my life. It really calms my thoughts down and makes it like I never had depression. I would recommend this medication for people that wake up early enough to take it!h

zoomer
Distress: Low
I am: g
Bipolar I

See zoomer's full Lisdexamfetamine history

Apr 6, 2011 (Started Jun 01, 2008)

• Side Effects: Mild
  • Burden: Not at all
Advice & Tips: I experience a calmness. I feel my brain is slowed down, I can organize the files in my head. I focus and concentrate for longer periods of time (but still desire more on-task behavior.) The only side effect I have found is the lack of appetite all day and a ravenous hunger at night when med is wearing off. Resulted in a little weight gain. An additional perk is that this med gives me energy, and a sense of well being about myself that isn't there without it. Note: this is the only ADHD med I have tried. I am satisfied with the efficacy.
Side effects: Binge eating episodes, Loss of appetite

Oct 25, 2010 (Started Jun 01, 2008)

• Side Effects: None
  • Burden: Not at all
Advice & Tips: This medication calms me and helps me slow down and organize my mind. I also experience a feeling of well-being. Lost weight initially but the med no longer decreases my appetite. I take it in the morning as it has a 12hr. duration.
Side effects: Binge eating episodes, Loss of appetite

Oct 24, 2009 (Started Jun 01, 2008)

• Perceived effectiveness for ADHD (Attention Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder): Major
  • Side Effects: Mild
  • Burden: Not at all
Advice & Tips: Efficacy: helpful in calming down, reduces "noise" in brain, organizes thoughts. Increased action vs apathy, sense of well-being Taken once daily in the morning, (the earliest possible to avoid increased insomnia)
Side effects: Binge eating episodes, Loss of appetite

Jul 26, 2009 (Started Jun 01, 2008)

• Side Effects: None