3 patient evaluations for Lorazepam taken for the purpose of 'Epilepsy' with a perceived effectiveness rating of Major

j84j1
  • Age: 60y
  • Duration: 53 yrs
  • Mental: Unreported
  • Physical: Unreported
Surgery type: Vagus Nerve Stimulation (VNS), Vagus Nerve Stimulation (VNS)
13 seizures
215 weeks ago

See j84j1's full Lorazepam history

Aug 17, 2010 (Started Jun 12, 1989)

• Perceived effectiveness for Anxious mood: Moderate
  • Perceived effectiveness for Calming: Moderate
  • Side Effects: None
  • Adherence: Usually
  • Burden: Not at all
Advice & Tips: Attivan, is a major plus for me. The pill dissolves quickly in the mouth and the time of initial effect is such (10 - 15 min. ) that I can take a dose and feel calm or I can take what is needed to stop a seizure. The calming effect is effective since I seize and my muscles tense . The impact on my life has ben great because of the fact that I now have a rescue mdication that I can trust and believe will accomplish what I want it to do.

Jul 13, 1989 (Started Jun 12, 1989)

• Perceived effectiveness for Epilepsy: Moderate
  • Perceived effectiveness for Anxious mood: Major
  • Perceived effectiveness for Calming: Moderate
  • Side Effects: Mild
  • Adherence: Usually
  • Burden: Not at all
Advice & Tips: Ativan has a very serene, calming affect on the nervous system. Since the drug has such an affect I only take the prescription drug when needful. Other benefits from the drug is that it allows the nervous system to do its job and at the same time if you are in pain, you will experience some relief. The impact of this drug on my life is expotential. I need the rescue medication as well as the relief from pain.

mdeall88
  • Duration: 13 yrs
PRO survey: PRO 3
  • Mental: Moderate
  • Physical: Mild
Surgery type: Vagus Nerve Stimulation (VNS)
2 seizures
80 weeks ago
I am: g

See mdeall88's full Lorazepam history

May 21, 2010 (Started Oct 01, 2011)

• Side Effects: Severe
  • Adherence: Sometimes
  • Burden: Very
Advice & Tips: This turns me into Frankenstein and I only use it after seizures. It knocks me out for 2 days and groggy for about 3 days after. It works but its very strong.

Feb 19, 2010 (Started Oct 01, 2011)

• Side Effects: Severe
  • Adherence: Sometimes
  • Burden: A little
Advice & Tips: I take this after seizures. I was originally on Valium as a post-seizure medication but from what a doctor told us, Valium only temporarily "shuts off" my brain after seizures. The Ativan however pulls the plug out of the socket, it really shuts off the brain. After a seizure I really don't care about the side effects because I just had a seizure but if I'm going on a road trip I'll take half and it does help you sleep and makes it a lot easier to adjust to time changes and I won't have to worry about being sleep deprived.

HuskerKat
  • Duration: 45 yrs
PRO survey: PRO 3
  • Mental: Mild
  • Physical: None
Surgery type: Vagus Nerve Stimulation (VNS)
0 seizures
184 weeks ago
I am: vg

See HuskerKat's full Lorazepam history

May 15, 2010 (Started Jan 01, 1993)

• Perceived effectiveness for In March 2010 I began taking this as needed for anxiety and insomnia: Major
  • Perceived effectiveness for Seizures: Major
  • Side Effects: None
  • Adherence: Always
  • Burden: Not at all
Advice & Tips: My doctor recently prescribed this to help me through the death and dying of my mother. I was exhausted and could not sleep. My father also had been in the hospital and I had stayed with him almost 24/7 and was basically running on nervous energy. Taking this MADE ME relax and take time to deal with the death of my mom and let others care for dad for a few days and allow myself to heal from a bad hurt and severe stress in order to not have seizures that I feel she knew would come if I did not rest. She and I both know well that STRESS is the main cause precursor to most of my seizures and she knew that at that time I was not making good judgment calls about my health. Thank You Christine!

Showing 3 of 3 patient evaluations for Lorazepam