52 patient evaluations for Tysabri with a burden rating of Not at all

Data Quality: 3 stars
Cognition: mild
Walking: severe

See a-non-mouse's full Tysabri history

Oct 9, 2014 (Started Aug 29, 2007)

Dosage: 300 mg/15 mL every 4 weeks

Mar 22, 2011 (Started Aug 29, 2007)

Dosage: 300 mg/15 mL every 4 weeks

Feb 27, 2010 (Started Aug 29, 2007)

amygtz
3379 thumb
amygtz
Sensation: Mild

See amygtz's full Tysabri history

Jul 30, 2014 (Started Jan 15, 2012)

Dosage: 300 mg/15 mL every 4 weeks
Advice & Tips: I'm really enjoying my Tysabri experience. Only having a once a month infusion has been liberating after 17 years of shots. I'm lucky to be JCV anti body negative. And I have no side effects at all. It's improved my symptoms as they are less frequent, although still present.

cyclistgirl
cyclistgirl
Swallowing: moderate
Walking: mild

See cyclistgirl's full Tysabri history

Sep 28, 2013 (Started Sep 14, 2011)

• Side Effects: Severe
Dosage: 300 mg/15 mL Monthly
Advice & Tips: Cognitive improvement was significant. Muscle strength was significant.

NancyBeth
Vision: moderate
Swallowing: mild
I am: vg

See NancyBeth's full Tysabri history

Jul 23, 2013 (Started Jul 01, 2010)

Dosage: 300 mg/15 mL every 4 weeks
Advice & Tips: Drink a lot of fluid before, during and after to help the medication's effectiveness. I also ask for food (with protein) to keep my energy level up. Usually the treatment facilities have fantastic food and there is no charge because your there for at least 3hours. Tysabri has been a huge benefit for me, I can't believe I waited as long as I did to start taking it.

gardener
864 thumb
gardener
Sensation: Mild
Walking: none
I am: b

See gardener's full Tysabri history

May 30, 2013 (Started Jul 13, 2011)

Dosage: 300 mg/15 mL every 4 weeks
Advice & Tips: Taking an antihistamine the day of treatment helped a great deal with treatment day fatigue.

sleavell1
28211 thumb
sleavell1
Sensation: Severe
Overall: Moderate
Vision: moderate
Swallowing: moderate

See sleavell1's full Tysabri history

Mar 31, 2013 (Started Jun 14, 2009)

mangons02
mangons02
Data Quality: 1 star
Sensation: None
Cognition: mild

See mangons02's full Tysabri history

Dec 15, 2012 (Started Nov 01, 2010)

Advice & Tips: The best tratment

Feb 19, 2011 (Started Nov 01, 2010)

Dosage: 300 mg/15 mL every 4 weeks
Advice & Tips: I feel more secure. My condition still the same , I was having progresive simptoms, but now everything stay like stable.

baebae
2510 thumb
baebae
Relapse: Moderate
Walking: none

See baebae's full Tysabri history

Jun 16, 2012 (Started Aug 15, 2008)

Dosage: 300 mg/15 mL Monthly
Advice & Tips: I just received my 39th infusion on 6/13 (my 35th birthday) and I'm still going strong. Tysabri is still currently the best and most aggressive treatment available for me. The impact is small, only once per month for 2 hours and I love my nurse so that helps a lot. Some unexpected benefits would be that I am still doing great up to this point. I have a new neurologist as of October 2011 and she does not advise drug holidays. Her proposed approach is to consider getting infused every 8 weeks instead of every 4 weeks which equates to every other month and cuts my infusions in half to 6 per year instead of 12. This is an attempt to avoid the most dangerous side effect PML. The longer you take Tysabri, the greater your risk for developing PML if you are positive for the JC Virus which I am. For details about this, see my blog at http://didimentionmyms.blogspot.com/. 04/11/14-Today I am receiving my 62nd Tysabri infusion and I'm still going strong and relapse free, thank you Jesus!!
Side effects: Dry mouth (xerostomia), Dry eyes, Headaches, Fear of PML

May 23, 2011 (Started Aug 15, 2008)

• Burden: Not at all
Advice & Tips: I love Tysabri. I take drug holidays to give my immune system time to bounce back per doctor advice. I seriously recommend Tysabri for anyone whose disease is on the agressive side but has a decent and strong immune system since it is very aggressive. It works for me and really adds to my quality of life.
Side effects: Dry mouth (xerostomia), Dry eyes, Headaches, Fear of PML

Jan 9, 2010 (Started Aug 15, 2008)

Side effects: Dry mouth (xerostomia), Dry eyes, Headaches, Fear of PML

Nov 18, 2009 (Started Aug 15, 2008)

Dosage: 300 mg/15 mL Monthly
Advice & Tips: I was on Tysabri for 18 months, now I plan to take a "drug holiday" for 6 months per doc's advice. My experience with Tysabri has been mainly positive. I hope and pray that I do well for the next 6 months. Before Tysabri, my lesions were multiplying at a fast pace. It was crazy.

Skuter58
Skuter58
Speech: mild
Swallowing: mild
Upper limb: mild
Walking: mild

See Skuter58's full Tysabri history

May 30, 2012 (Started May 05, 2012)

• Perceived effectiveness for Multiple Sclerosis: Can’t tell
  • Side Effects: Severe
Dosage: 300 mg/15 mL every 4 weeks
Advice & Tips: I'll try 2nd infusion since I tested negative for rheumatoid arthritis and Lyme disease. Pain and stiffness have just decreased in time for my next infusion in June.

msladyinca
908 thumb
msladyinca
Sensation: None
Walking: severe

See msladyinca's full Tysabri history

May 9, 2012 (Started Oct 16, 2006)

• Perceived effectiveness for Multiple Sclerosis: Major
  • Perceived effectiveness for To prevent further relapses and slow the disease process down: Major
Dosage: 300 mg/15 mL every 4 weeks
Advice & Tips: After being our Tysabri for 5 1/2 years, I tested positive for carrying JC virus antibodies at the end of April this year (2012), so my doctor discontinued my Tysabri infusions against my vigor protests (we argued about him monitoring me for any signs of developing PML, changing my infusion schedule to eight weeks, checking my CD count regularly, having plasmapheresis exchange should I developed PML, etc.). I am now seeking a second opinion as Tysabri treatments have definitely worked for me.

Sep 28, 2010 (Started Oct 16, 2006)

Dosage: 300 mg/15 mL every 4 weeks
Advice & Tips: I'm still relapse free as of October 16th, 2006. My MS is still stable and my infusion next month will mark my treatment time being as more than four years, yeah! I am very happy with this treatment, and my adherence to taking this medication once every 28 days is so very easy.

Aug 3, 2010 (Started Oct 16, 2006)

Dosage: 300 mg/15 mL every 4 weeks
Advice & Tips: I just completed my 50th Tysabri infusion, and I've noticed that most of my large beauty marks on my legs and tummy are fading, which is wonderful. I continue to have no side effects from Tysabri other than feeling a little tired for two days after my infusion, but then I get a burst of energy which lasts me almost through the date of my next infusion.

Jul 6, 2010 (Started Oct 16, 2006)

Dosage: 300 mg/15 mL every 4 weeks
Advice & Tips: Most patients pretreat their Tysabri infusions by having a 30 minute Benadryl drip, or taking an OTC antihistamine such as Benadryl tablets, Claritin-D tablets, etc., which can greatly reduce any possibility of having side effects from the medication, or eliminating the possibility of having side effects altogether. Personally, I take a Claritin-D tablet approximately 2 hours before my infusion, and it works just fine. Any pretreatment with an antihistamine should be discussed with your doctor first. Not everyone will experience symptom improvements with Tysabri because more than likely the damage done from prior relapses has become permanent. Tysabri is not designed for patients to show symptom improvements, this is only an added benefit of Tysabri therapy if that patient's damages only temporary and Tysabri helps the body heal itself by blocking a majority of the inflammation T cells from entering the CNS where they can do damage to our myelin. Tysabri was designed to help patients remain relapse free for as long as possible, and to slow the disease process down, and sometimes even stopping it in its tracks. Even though I can no longer walk, I never lose hope with Tysabri because improvements can come at any time, and even if I never walk again, my Quality of Life has significantly improved with Tysabri therapy, and for that I am ever so grateful! One thing I've noticed is that most of my beauty marks are fading, which is a good thing because I'm very light-skinned. The impact of taking Tysabri has greatly eased my fear of waking up each day losing something else to MS. My MS has remained stable for more than three years, having completed my 48th Tysabri infusion in 06/2010; having no relapses throughout that time, with my recent MRIs showing no new lesions, yay! Not bad for having MS more than 35 years, huh?

May 15, 2010 (Started Oct 16, 2006)

Dosage: 300 mg/15 mL every 4 weeks

Apr 15, 2010 (Started Oct 16, 2006)

Dosage: 300 mg/15 mL every 4 weeks

Mar 15, 2010 (Started Oct 16, 2006)

Dosage: 300 mg/15 mL every 4 weeks

Feb 15, 2010 (Started Oct 16, 2006)

Dosage: 300 mg/15 mL every 4 weeks

Jan 15, 2010 (Started Oct 16, 2006)

Dosage: 300 mg/15 mL every 4 weeks

Dec 15, 2009 (Started Oct 16, 2006)

Dosage: 300 mg/15 mL every 4 weeks

Nov 15, 2009 (Started Oct 16, 2006)

Dosage: 300 mg/15 mL every 4 weeks

Oct 15, 2009 (Started Oct 16, 2006)

Dosage: 300 mg/15 mL every 4 weeks

Sep 15, 2009 (Started Oct 16, 2006)

Dosage: 300 mg/15 mL every 4 weeks

Aug 15, 2009 (Started Oct 16, 2006)

Dosage: 300 mg/15 mL every 4 weeks

Jul 15, 2009 (Started Oct 16, 2006)

Dosage: 300 mg/15 mL every 4 weeks

Jun 15, 2009 (Started Oct 16, 2006)

Dosage: 300 mg/15 mL every 4 weeks

May 15, 2009 (Started Oct 16, 2006)

Dosage: 300 mg/15 mL every 4 weeks

Apr 15, 2009 (Started Oct 16, 2006)

Dosage: 300 mg/15 mL every 4 weeks

Mar 15, 2009 (Started Oct 16, 2006)

Dosage: 300 mg/15 mL every 4 weeks

Feb 15, 2009 (Started Oct 16, 2006)

Dosage: 300 mg/15 mL every 4 weeks

Jan 15, 2009 (Started Oct 16, 2006)

Dosage: 300 mg/15 mL every 4 weeks

Dec 15, 2008 (Started Oct 16, 2006)

Dosage: 300 mg/15 mL every 4 weeks

Nov 15, 2008 (Started Oct 16, 2006)

Dosage: 300 mg/15 mL every 4 weeks

Oct 15, 2008 (Started Oct 16, 2006)

Dosage: 300 mg/15 mL every 4 weeks

Sep 15, 2008 (Started Oct 16, 2006)

Dosage: 300 mg/15 mL every 4 weeks

Aug 15, 2008 (Started Oct 16, 2006)

Dosage: 300 mg/15 mL every 4 weeks

Jul 15, 2008 (Started Oct 16, 2006)

Dosage: 300 mg/15 mL every 4 weeks

Jun 15, 2008 (Started Oct 16, 2006)

Dosage: 300 mg/15 mL every 4 weeks

May 15, 2008 (Started Oct 16, 2006)

Dosage: 300 mg/15 mL every 4 weeks

Apr 15, 2008 (Started Oct 16, 2006)

Dosage: 300 mg/15 mL every 4 weeks

Mar 15, 2008 (Started Oct 16, 2006)

Dosage: 300 mg/15 mL every 4 weeks

Feb 15, 2008 (Started Oct 16, 2006)

Dosage: 300 mg/15 mL every 4 weeks

Jan 15, 2008 (Started Oct 16, 2006)

Dosage: 300 mg/15 mL every 4 weeks

Dec 15, 2007 (Started Oct 16, 2006)

Dosage: 300 mg/15 mL every 4 weeks

Nov 15, 2007 (Started Oct 16, 2006)

Dosage: 300 mg/15 mL every 4 weeks

Oct 15, 2007 (Started Oct 16, 2006)

Dosage: 300 mg/15 mL every 4 weeks

Sep 15, 2007 (Started Oct 16, 2006)

Dosage: 300 mg/15 mL every 4 weeks

Aug 15, 2007 (Started Oct 16, 2006)

Dosage: 300 mg/15 mL every 4 weeks

Jul 15, 2007 (Started Oct 16, 2006)

Dosage: 300 mg/15 mL every 4 weeks

Jun 15, 2007 (Started Oct 16, 2006)

Dosage: 300 mg/15 mL every 4 weeks

May 15, 2007 (Started Oct 16, 2006)

Dosage: 300 mg/15 mL every 4 weeks

Apr 15, 2007 (Started Oct 16, 2006)

Dosage: 300 mg/15 mL every 4 weeks

Mar 15, 2007 (Started Oct 16, 2006)

Dosage: 300 mg/15 mL every 4 weeks

Feb 15, 2007 (Started Oct 16, 2006)

Dosage: 300 mg/15 mL every 4 weeks

Jan 15, 2007 (Started Oct 16, 2006)

Dosage: 300 mg/15 mL every 4 weeks

Dec 15, 2006 (Started Oct 16, 2006)

Dosage: 300 mg/15 mL every 4 weeks

Nov 15, 2006 (Started Oct 16, 2006)

Dosage: 300 mg/15 mL every 4 weeks
Advice & Tips: The emergence of progressive multifocal leukoencephalopathy (PML), a rare but deadly viral infection of the central nervous system (CNS) [is] associated with immunosuppression [NOT Tysabri], see the expert opinions from the authors of the New England Journal of Medicine: http://tinyurl.com/2mhn82. Every MS patient that has been diagnosed with developing PML had become a severely immune suppressed either by previously treating with medications such as Azathioprine/Imuran, Methotrexate, Novantrone, Remicade, etc., all of which can last in the body for a very long time (months and months-causing the immune system to become severely suppressed/compromised), even though some of the medications listed above were previously discontinued by the patient, or they received treatments such as monthly pulse steroids, IVIG treatments (which I can also severely suppress the immune system), or whose immune system was previously modulated (changed) by treating with one of the ABCRs, causing the immune system (which is extremely fragile) to become severely immunocompromised, or whose immune system was already suppressed for whatever reason, or became severely suppressed during Tysabri therapy and their neurologist never intermittently tested their immune system to make sure it was still strong and had not dropped too low where it could not fight off any proliferation of the activated JC virus. There is an assay called the ELISA test which is very sensitive and can be used to test the strength or weakness of a patient's immune system. If a patient is suspected of having developed PML due to activation of the JC virus, there are certain measures which can be taken to ensure the best possible outcome for the patient: 1) have additional MRIs taken and compare them with the MRIs taken prior to starting Tysabri therapy; 2) immediately stop Tysabri therapy; 3) if warranted, send a sample of the patient's CSF to Eugene Majors' lab at the NIH to have a very sensitive test for determining the presence of JC virus DNA, which can develop into PML; 4) initiate a course of plasmapheresis exchange (PLEX) to remove Tysabri completely from the patient's system. PML IS NO LONGER A DEATH SENTENCE if due diligence, awareness, and vigilance is undertaken by both the patient and their neurologist to watch for the development of any new symptoms which are indicative of PML and to act quickly. With over 60,000 patients worldwide on Tysabri therapy (as of June 2010), the risk of developing PML remains 1 in 1000, and is still well within the ratio listed on the Tysabri label.

Oct 16, 2006 (Started Oct 16, 2006)

Dosage: 300 mg/15 mL every 4 weeks
Advice & Tips: Tysabri is for relapsing forms of MS, which include Relapsing/Remitting (RRMS), Progressive Relapsing (PRMS), and Secondary Progressive WITH relapses (SPMS)..., all three forms listed above are in the inflammation stage of MS. And because Tysabri works by blocking a majority of inflammation T cells from crossing the Blood Brain Barrier and entering our CNS where they could have destroyed more myelin, to date, Tysabri is only available for relapsing forms of MS. There is no current data supporting Tysabri therapy for Primary Progressive (PPMS) and Secondary Progressive WITHOUT relapses as these two forms of MS are in the demyelinating stage of the disease, not the inflammation stage of MS.

Showing 10 of 52 patient evaluations for Tysabri