72 patient evaluations for Levetiracetam taken for the purpose of 'Epilepsy'

Br0thershin
41476 thumb
Br0thershin
  • Age: 28y
  • Duration: 7 yrs
25 weeks ago
I am: n

See Br0thershin's full Levetiracetam history

Jan 24, 2012 (Started Aug 15, 2007)

Dosage: 6 tab(s) Daily
Advice & Tips: Take lots of B6 (Pyroxidine HCL) and B12, Keppra depletes your natural stores.

pray4me_sixx
20350 thumb
pray4me_sixx
  • Age: 29y
  • Duration: 15 yrs
  • Mental: None
143 weeks ago

See pray4me_sixx's full Levetiracetam history

Jan 5, 2012 (Started Nov 29, 2010)

Side effects: Fatigue

Nov 30, 2010 (Started Nov 29, 2010)

• Burden: Very
Side effects: Fatigue

Mar 27, 2010 (Started Nov 29, 2010)

AuthorBeckyAyers
16 seizures
110 weeks ago
I am: n

See AuthorBeckyAyers's full Levetiracetam history

Jan 3, 2012 (Started May 28, 2007)

• Burden: Not at all
Advice & Tips: I take Keppra because I originally started out on Dilantin which hit my liver hard the minute I started taking it. Although Keppra is VERY good at keeping the grand mals away, I have very little time that I feel energetic.

Aug 16, 2011 (Started May 28, 2007)

• Burden: Somewhat
Advice & Tips: While Keppra seems to do a very good job of stopping grand mals in their tracks, I still have quite frequent absence seizures, visual auras, olfactory auras (more often than visual) and serious memory issues. On top of all that, I have fits of rage out of nowhere that can last for up to several hours in which case I stay in my bedroom away from the rest of the family. Even though I have been taking Keppra for years, it STILL makes me groggy, especially if I have to take pain killers of any kind. I have also recently noticed having some problems with things tasting wrong, if not totally disgusting. Foods that I normally love taste gross. I have also lost a lot of hair since I started taking Keppra, but I have to admit it could possibly just be coincidental that I am 52 and just thinning out due to age.

Jul 26, 2011 (Started May 28, 2007)

• Burden: A little
Advice & Tips: Even though Keppra has worked much better than Dilantin or Topomax, it still makes me tired much of the day and I sometimes have rage issues that are hard to deal with. Oh, and my hair has thinned out since I started taking it, but then again I am 52 and I guess that might be due to aging. =/

motivationalforceman
  • Mental: Mild
150 weeks ago
I am: vg

See motivationalforceman's full Levetiracetam history

Nov 11, 2011 (Started May 01, 2008)

• Burden: Not at all
Advice & Tips: Since the Keepra does make you drowsy I try and get a good nights sleep.I also take vitamins such as vitamin B Plus,C,and a Multi Vitamin.I have research and have tried to eliminate caffeine.sugar,pop,etc.Since four out of the five grand mal seizures I had were at night while asleep My Doctor prescribed that I take 2 500 mg at 7:00 AM and 1 500 mg at 7:00 PM.For awhile my loving wife had to remind me to take the medicine as I sort of blocked it out that I even had them at all.But the med is working and my Doctor has agreed that I could attempt to wean off the medicine in the spring of 2012 if I wanted to knowing I couldn't drive a car for quite some time if I do.

whinni
  • Mental: Unreported
  • Physical: Unreported
? seizures

See whinni's full Levetiracetam history

Oct 20, 2011 (Started Oct 21, 2008)

• Perceived effectiveness for Epilepsy: Slight
  • Side Effects: None

cmawally
26604 thumb
cmawally
  • Age: 56y
  • Duration: 48 yrs
  • Mental: None
7 weeks ago

See cmawally's full Levetiracetam history

Aug 3, 2011 (Started Sep 15, 2005)

• Burden: Somewhat
Side effects: Irritability, Balance problems, Drowsiness, Brain fog, Irritable and grouchy, Morning sleepiness, Fluid retention weight gain, Lesion like rashes, Abdominal pain

Jul 1, 2011 (Started Sep 15, 2005)

• Burden: A little

Mar 10, 2011 (Started Sep 15, 2005)

• Burden: A little
Advice & Tips: Can make you feel tired,slows thinking a little.May cause a little dizziness.Can cause you to feel angry easily.Can adjust to these things if you recognize and work on it.

Dec 2, 2010 (Started Sep 15, 2005)

• Perceived effectiveness for Seizures (complex partial): Slight
  • Burden: Very
Advice & Tips: This is an expensive medication.I tried the generic version which was much cheaper but also much less reliable on what it would do.Was on generic a few weeks and had break through seizures.Mail in pharmacy sent when it was released as generic.Have had difficulty with seizure control since then even when put back on name brand keppra.Pharmacy also sent generic trileptal in 2009 and since Nov.2009 have had poor seizure control.The FDA may obtain a large portion of tax dollars but due to the wide range of efficiency in generics there are many either above or below effeciency rating of brand named meds.My advice do not switch to generics if you can at all afford the high priced name brand of seizure meds.

Aug 9, 2010 (Started Sep 15, 2005)

• Perceived effectiveness for Seizures (complex partial): Slight
  • Adherence: Usually
  • Burden: A little
Advice & Tips: These pills can make me have flashes of anger.This is not my typical personality or usual mood. I have almost missed a dose but got up and took in the night.I feel they cause a great deal of somnelence probably due to other AEDS also.Trouble with stuttoring,word repetition and phrase repetion,poor spelling,problem with gait/Balance,falls.Brain fog.

seasterday
  • Mental: Mild
167 weeks ago
I am: vg

See seasterday's full Levetiracetam history

Jul 10, 2011 (Started Mar 01, 2011)

• Burden: Not at all
Advice & Tips: Keppra XR is working much better for me than regular Keppra.
Side effects: Depressed mood

stephanieholly
33536 thumb
stephanieholly
  • Age: 19y
  • Duration: 3 yrs
170 weeks ago

See stephanieholly's full Levetiracetam history

Jun 2, 2011 (Started Apr 01, 2011)

• Burden: A little
Side effects: Excessive sleeping (hypersomnia), Tiredness, Anxious mood, Brain fog, Difficulty eating

May 23, 2011 (Started Apr 01, 2011)

• Burden: A little
Advice & Tips: -Get into a routine taking it, I take it multiple times a day and make sure I take them roughly the same time each day. -Keppra has leveled out my night sleeping pattern nicely! -Keppra makes me very very tired so I find it hard to concentrate and "join in" activities sometimes because I am tired.

simplysusans
Portrait default thumb
simplysusans
  • Age: 47
Condition: Migraine 7 additional condition(s)
I am: b
Migraine

See simplysusans's full Levetiracetam history

May 30, 2011 (Started Mar 18, 2008)

BrainStorm
24289 thumb
BrainStorm
  • Age: 53y
  • Duration: 39 yrs
4 seizures
68 weeks ago

See BrainStorm's full Levetiracetam history

May 15, 2011 (Started Jan 10, 2011)

• Burden: A little
Advice & Tips: Taking Levetiracetam is not difficult. My neuro replaced it for Topamax. I've not seen any benefits from it. Unlike the Topamax that kept me seizure free for 6 months, Levetiracetam did not improve or change the sz activity. The side effects are bothersome. I have nightmares nightly. It makes me extremely sleepy around midday. I try to fight it but sometimes I can't win. I feel over medicated. So it has disrupted my night sleep now and it makes me nervous when I go to bed and when I'm not feeling well. Also something I never experienced with any drug, sometimes I have audio hallucinations. Random strange noises that don't last long. My appetite has increased. I'll be fine then all of a sudden I'm starving! I don't know if I'm eating from nervousness but it's consumption is constant and I'm gaining weight.
Side effects: Nightmares, Pain in fingers, Tremor in hands, Excessive daytime sleepiness (somnolence), Bad dreams

May 1, 2011 (Started Jan 10, 2011)

• Burden: Not at all
Advice & Tips: It didn't improve my seizure activity. I gained weight with this drug. It made me increasingly nervous. It was hard to stay awake during the day. At night I dreaded going to sleep because of nightmares. I heard sounds with this drug. Not voices, but sounds. Unidentifiable sounds. I was taking the generic form of Keppra.

Mar 1, 2011 (Started Jan 10, 2011)

• Burden: Somewhat
Advice & Tips: 1. I take this treatment with food twice daily. 1 in the morning and 1 at night. 2. I had hoped it would stop the sz but just like everything else it's not been effective. 3. Experiencing nightmares or bad dreams. Excessive sleepiness around midday. Increase in appetite. I wish I could afford brand name Keppra (and Dilantin) if nothing else to compare them with the generic brands and see if the results differ.

Feb 2, 2011 (Started Jan 10, 2011)

• Burden: Not at all
Advice & Tips: I think this is Keppra by generic name. and it had too many side effects for me. It made me nervous and bad dreams.

Showing 10 of 72 patient evaluations for Levetiracetam