3 patient evaluations for Daclizumab

Swallowing: none
Upper limb: mild
Walking: moderate

See truthwillout's full Daclizumab history

May 17, 2010 (Started Mar 03, 2007)

• Side Effects: Mild
  • Burden: Somewhat
Dosage: 1 other Monthly
Advice & Tips: I get MRI's every month as part of the NIH study of this drug. Once again, my April MRI showed no new lesions.
Side effects: Rash or skin problems

Apr 13, 2010 (Started Mar 03, 2007)

• Side Effects: Mild
  • Burden: Very
Dosage: 1 other Monthly
Advice & Tips: As stated in my bio, I fly to the NIH once a month for an infusion of this drug. I receive monthly MRIs, and I hope to be getting monthly copies of the results of the MRIs and other tests to share with you. So far, there have been no new lesions popping up on my MRIs since I began taking this drug. I have been able to maintain a fairly active lifestyle. I swim 30 minutes a day, three days a week. I walk my dog at least once a day. I lift weights three days a week. I do yoga once a week. I have intermittent pain and fatigue and struggle with bladder issues; the damage from prior MS attacks has not evaporated. I am just grateful to have no new symptoms to have to cope with. I have had a pesky and persistent skin rash since starting this drug. I am unsure whether Daclizumab is to blame, or a hyperactive thyroid.
Side effects: Rash or skin problems

Feb 16, 2010 (Started Mar 03, 2007)

Dosage: 1 other Monthly
Advice & Tips: I really hope this drug makes it onto the market. I turned to Daclizumab as an off-label treatment for MS three years ago, and as far as I know have experienced no subsequent MS attacks and no further brain lesions. Production of Daclizumab was halted in the US in September. Another pharma company is considering producing this drug in a slightly form, with a different delivery system (mine was IV.) The NIH flew me to Baltimore to screen me as a potential participant in a study of a new formulary of this drug. They also gave me what may be my last infusion if I am not included in the study. I haven't heard back from the NIH yet. Daclizumab infusions shield me from enduring the worst of my MS symptoms for about 3 weeks. Which only goes to show the drug really works. If I can't continue on the NIH study, I'm not sure what medication I'll turn to. I've already tried Avonex, and experienced bad side effects, as well as a progression of my MS, and Copaxone, which caused no side effects but did not prevent the occurrence of new lesions. People with MS need more treatment options, while we wait for a cure. For those of you out there with MS, I can attest from first hand experience that Daclizumab is safe, effective drug. The sooner it's available, the better for all of us.

edawgg
Swallowing: none
Upper limb: none
Walking: none

See edawgg's full Daclizumab history

Feb 12, 2010 (Started Feb 06, 2008)

• Perceived effectiveness for Multiple Sclerosis: Can’t tell
  • Adherence: Never
Dosage: 5 mg Monthly
Advice & Tips: i broke out in a rash 48 hours later and i had a very itchy rash for 8 weeks on my belly, arms, chest and back. i got an antibody blood test 10 weeks later and i am allergic to tysabri.

Jan 12, 2010 (Started Feb 06, 2008)

• Perceived effectiveness for Multiple Sclerosis: Major

LSK
Data Quality: 3 stars
Relapse: Moderate
Sensation: Moderate
Overall: Moderate
Cognition: severe
Vision: mild
Speech: moderate
Swallowing: mild
Upper limb: moderate
Walking: moderate

See LSK's full Daclizumab history

Mar 1, 2006 (Started May 01, 2004)

• Perceived effectiveness for Multiple Sclerosis: Slight