2 patient evaluations for InterStim Therapy with a side effects rating of Mild

blujay
Data Quality: 1 star
  • Sex: F
  • Age: 33
Condition: Interstitial Cystitis 4 additional condition(s)
Quality of Life:
  • Mental: Mild
  • Physical: Mild
I am: b
Interstitial Cystitis

See blujay's full InterStim Therapy history

May 17, 2012 (Started May 17, 2012)

• Perceived effectiveness for Bladder problems: Moderate
  • Side Effects: Mild
  • Adherence: Always
  • Burden: A little
Dosage: One time
Advice & Tips: The surgery itself took about 1.5 hours. When I woke up, I felt fine (obviously because I was still slightly anesthetized.) I've had a few days now to 'break in' my new implant. I'm still having some pretty severe pain at the incision site, but I'm assuming that will go away with time. As for efficacy, the implant is doing really well. I went from using the bathroom 20-25 times a day to only going about 5-10. That makes the entire thing worth the trouble. I will say honestly that the first few days, I had trouble urinating, as in I would sit down and it felt like it took 10-15 minutes to empty my bladder fully. I've been drinking lots of water since then, and it has been getting better. I'm still having trouble having a bowel movement when the implant is turned on. This might just be because of the pain from the wires that are implanted next to my tailbone. I plan to talk this over with my doctor when I get my dressings removed tomorrow. All in all, I'm happy I got the implant, and I look forward to a future that doesn't revolve around a bathroom.

DDK
1226 thumb
DDK
Sex: F
Data Quality: 0 stars
Sensation: Moderate
Overall: None
Cognition: none
Vision: none
Speech: none
Swallowing: none
Upper limb: none
Walking: moderate
MS

See DDK's full InterStim Therapy history

Feb 17, 2010 (Started Jul 16, 2009)

• Perceived effectiveness for Bladder problems: Moderate
  • Side Effects: Mild
  • Adherence: Usually
  • Burden: Somewhat
Dosage: All the time (24/7)
Side effects: Bladder problems

Showing 2 of 2 patient evaluations for InterStim Therapy