227 patient evaluations for Individual Therapy

FM:11y Dx
I am: vb
Fibromyalgia

See 2young2bedisabled's full Individual Therapy history

Jun 15, 2010 (Started Nov 30, 2010)

• Perceived effectiveness for Depression cured, stopped meds 2 mths ago: Major
  • Perceived effectiveness for Depression with anxiety: Moderate
  • Burden: Not at all
Advice & Tips: Between my physhciatist's encouragement an advice, I was able to discontinue the anti-depressent medication (Wellbutrin). I feel so much more like myself since stopping this med. Even though I only see him once every three months, the things he would recommend to me, such as think of only myself instead of my entire family like I have done for 31 years. When I am not up to going out, don't force myself to go. If my family (husband and 2 children) can't understand this, then they aren't helping me in any way. his is just some of the adivce he gave me which was causing my depression along with the fact that I can't do everything because of the fibro, but everything he has told me had cured my depression. Unfortunatey, it has made me so aware of everything being off the meds, I see myself heading toward a divorce. I was told by 3 of my physicians that my husband is causing my sympotms to be worse because of the stress he puts on me. They all feel my weakend body will get somewhat stronger if he was no longer around.

NCspydergurl79
7593 thumb
NCspydergurl79
Anxiety: 0
External Stress: None
34 F

See NCspydergurl79's full Individual Therapy history

Jun 1, 2010 (Started Feb 24, 2009)

• Perceived effectiveness for Other: Moderate
  • Adherence: Never
Dosage: 45 min Weekly
Advice & Tips: I recommend this treatment for people who really need it. It helped me consentrate more and be able to fight the thoughts and depression.

MiniRoo/VVV
External Stress: Moderate
23 M
Function: Low

See MiniRoo/VVV's full Individual Therapy history

May 22, 2010 (Started May 10, 2010)

• Perceived effectiveness for Support mental / emotional health: Slight
Dosage: 60 min Weekly
Advice & Tips: I consistently attended Psychotherapy sessions, for periods of usually multiple months at a time, then I would quit, then start again a couple months later. This has been the norm for about the last 4 years, with approximately 30-40% of that period being occupied by Weekly or Bi-weekly Psychotherapy sessions. I do not feel any benefit currently from Psychotherapy, I have noticed transient, minor benefits in the past, however. I should note, that I never strictly complied with my various Therapist(s) requests/suggestions, which may have reduced the potential benefits of Therapy.

johngenegenie
External Stress: Moderate
30 M
Dysthymia

See johngenegenie's full Individual Therapy history

May 15, 2010 (Started Apr 21, 2010)

Dosage: 60 min Monthly
Advice & Tips: I find it pointless - in sense of the medication. It doesn't work. It makes me sleep too much, or not enough. I'm scared to take the medicine.

Chelena
FM:11y Dx
I am: vg
Fibromyalgia

See Chelena's full Individual Therapy history

May 14, 2010 (Started May 16, 2010)

• Perceived effectiveness for Support mental / emotional health: Major
  • Burden: Somewhat
Advice & Tips: This is the first psychiatrist worth his salt. He is an excellent listener and works hard and quickly to find new solutions that will work. Within one month of my seeing Dr. O'Neal I had much more energy and was generally less hopeless about life as a result. He saw me quite frequently in the first two months: perhaps once a week! Now it is more like 6-8 weeks unless I forget to make the appointment which is not a good thing to do I learned this winter. As soon as I realized I was decompensating, however, I called him and also four close female family members and one good female friend. Dr. O'Neal called me as soon as his nurse told him how I sounded and how I had responded to her list of questions about my daily life like: !) are you able to wash yourself regularly, 2) How is your sleep? 3) Are you taking all your medications? 4) Are you taking your medications at the time you are supposed to everyday 5) Are you feeling suicidal or had thoughts of suicide, etc. THis is a new practice they have adopted and I think it is a very smart one. This psychiatrist definitiely has had a huge impact on my daily life since I started seeing him last May.
Side effects: Lack of support, Anxious mood, risk of liver/kidney damage

Feb 19, 2010 (Started May 16, 2010)

• Side Effects: Severe
  • Burden: Very
Advice & Tips: I've been on klonopin a long time. I wanted to try and see if I can titrate off of it altogether and see what happens. I haven't been able to see a psychiatrist at Kaiser for a long time --- for various reasons. My old p-doc left over two years ago and since then I've had nothing but long waits for being assigned a new doc (months) and then they are awful and I ask for a new one and the whole thing starts over again. Dr. Corpuz was the last doc I had. There was one other before her that quit just a month after I complained to Kaiser that he was an idiot. Now I have been transferred to another p-doc at my request because Dr. Corpuz was such a cold, imperious, doctor that kept me waiting for 45 minutes on our last appointment. I was leaving and very upset and in tears when she finally came to get me. She had nothing to say. Just, "Well, are you coming or not." Below, I have ammortized what would probably be the amount I paid to kaiser if I saw my p-doc monthly. On average, when things were going well, I saw my p-doc every three or four months. Now, everything is a mess over there. I haven't seen anyone in six months and I left early because Dr. Corpuz was being to horrid and then she said she wouldn't be my doctor anymore. She would "handle my case" until I was re-assigned... I was not unhappy to be rid of her but the whole circumstances under which everything happened was a farce and unprofessional.
Side effects: Lack of support, Anxious mood, risk of liver/kidney damage

Feb 5, 2009 (Started May 16, 2010)

• Burden: A little
Advice & Tips: It's hard to find a good psychiatrist. Medications will not cure you. Having to try one medication after another is common as well as trying combinations of meds. Also the efficacy of meds don't last forever. Long term use of some meds can have damaging side effects in your health.

Understated
53 M
I am: b
Bipolar II

See Understated's full Individual Therapy history

May 8, 2010 (Started Apr 07, 2010)

Dosage: 50 min Weekly
Advice & Tips: Just at the beginning...scratching the surface and will be looking at the demons...still focusing on thoughts of death and suicide....no real solutions evident....
Side effects: Anxious mood, Depression with anxiety

Apr 13, 2010 (Started Apr 07, 2010)

• Perceived effectiveness for Support mental / emotional health: Can’t tell
Dosage: 50 min Weekly
Advice & Tips: i am recording this because I have had just one session...over time i will see what i have to say...especially in terms of efficacy
Side effects: Anxious mood, Depression with anxiety

Compulsion: 3
36 F
Bipolar I

See NkstOne's full Individual Therapy history

May 5, 2010 (Started Apr 12, 2010)

• Perceived effectiveness for An event: Major
Dosage: 240 min Monthly
Advice & Tips: I have had only two sessions thus far in individual therapy. I see a Christian Counselor so my faith and belief is included in my therapy which is a postive aspect for I am receiving the full benefits from therapy. I will probably later be scheduling a cognetive therapy in the near future to coincide with the individual therapy that I am receiving. Therapy is a must in order for me to maintain a healthy mind set

beeman6
Distress: High
I am: vb
Bipolar I

See beeman6's full Individual Therapy history

May 4, 2010 (Started Jul 01, 2009)

• Side Effects: Severe
Side effects: Anger toward me

Jan 10, 2010 (Started Jul 01, 2009)

• Perceived effectiveness for Support mental / emotional health: Moderate
  • Side Effects: Moderate
Dosage: 50 min Monthly
Advice & Tips: just be honest and open and yourslef
Side effects: Anger toward me

Portrait default thumb
Depression: 0
Anxiety: 1
31 F

See hopeforthefuture's full Individual Therapy history

May 3, 2010 (Started Jan 01, 2010)

• Perceived effectiveness for Treat my mood condition(s): Moderate
Dosage: 45 min Weekly

Portrait default thumb
Depression: 0
Anxiety: 1
31 F

See hopeforthefuture's full Individual Therapy history

May 3, 2010 (Started Apr 20, 2010)

• Perceived effectiveness for prescription adjustment: Can’t tell