85 patient evaluations for Amphetamine-Dextroamphetamine

Compulsion: 2
26 F
Schizophrenia

See rudicollis's full Amphetamine-Dextroamphetamine history

Oct 20, 2011 (Started Jul 30, 2010)

• Perceived effectiveness for Depressed mood: Major
  • Adherence: Usually
  • Burden: Not at all

Aug 16, 2010 (Started Jul 30, 2010)

• Perceived effectiveness for Depressed mood: Major

• Physical: None
  1. Kidney : 25y Transplanted
Kidney Transplant

See 1988transplantpatient's full Amphetamine-Dextroamphetamine history

Oct 16, 2011 (Started Jul 19, 2007)

• Perceived effectiveness for ADHD (Attention Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder): Moderate
  • Burden: Not at all
Advice & Tips: On terms of the side effects, when I take it I have no appetite. But I see this as a positive cause it keeps me from eating all day lol. HOWEVER the withdrawal side effects when it wears off is the opposite so my appetite becomes supercharged. My weight kind of maintains though but if I want to lose weight I eat then take it later in the day so at night by the time it wears off, I'm ready for bed soon.

Jul 19, 2007 (Started Jul 19, 2007)

• Burden: Not at all
Advice & Tips: The positive effect is that it limits my appetite so I don't eat as much. The negative effect is when it wears off, my appetite becomes supercharged. But I've learned to control my appetite after it wears off.

blodulv
26196 thumb
blodulv
Depression: 1
Anxiety: 1
31 M
ADHD/ADD

See blodulv's full Amphetamine-Dextroamphetamine history

Oct 3, 2011 (Started Apr 16, 2010)

• Perceived effectiveness for Problems concentrating: Major
  • Burden: A little
Side effects: Decreased appetite, Irritability, Dry mouth (xerostomia), Weight loss, Insomnia, Anxious mood

Oct 21, 2010 (Started Apr 16, 2010)

• Burden: Not at all
Advice & Tips: It seems like maybe the honeymoon is over--I think not sleeping enough and added life stress are mitigating the effects of this medication.

Aug 8, 2010 (Started Apr 16, 2010)

• Burden: Not at all
Advice & Tips: Unexpected benefits: Initially I had more energy but that became less noticeable as I adjusted. I tend to be more talkative while taking Adderall. Impact: I'm able to concentrate more effectively; I end up getting more of my goals completed.

Rick N
Swallowing: mild
Upper limb: mild
Walking: severe

See Rick N's full Amphetamine-Dextroamphetamine history

Sep 17, 2011 (Started Apr 27, 2009)

• Adherence: Sometimes
  • Burden: A little
Advice & Tips: This is a pure amphetamine (speed) and best left alone !

Jan 30, 2011 (Started Apr 27, 2009)

Advice & Tips: The only fatique drug that works for me

Nov 19, 2010 (Started Apr 27, 2009)

• Burden: Not at all
Advice & Tips: addrerall keeps the fatique away and waked up the brain functions to keep me alert

Nov 12, 2010 (Started Apr 27, 2009)

• Adherence: Usually

Anxiety: 0
41 M
ADHD/ADD

See hradec's full Amphetamine-Dextroamphetamine history

Sep 2, 2011 (Started Apr 02, 2010)

• Perceived effectiveness for ADHD (Attention Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder): Major
  • Burden: Not at all
Advice & Tips: I strongly recommend people to take adderall. It changed my life in so many levels. I started taking it because, after my son was born in 2007, my ADHD was a major problem for my wife, since I always would forget everything (including taking the trash out with tons of smelly diapers), and would always be tired so it was hard to help her in the ways she needed. The medicine made me be a better parent and a better husband. Now I remember things on the spot, I can PLAY with my soon without getting TOO annoyed... I also notice my NEED to watch TV decreased exponentially. I used to live hooked on the TV all the time, and nowdays, even at night after the medicine wears out, I don't have this NEED for television as I used to have all my life. Although, nothing can be a 100% perfect... LOL... As the medicine started to make my family life much better, my work life started to go down. I wasn't the same at work, as productive as before!!! It took me a while to figure out, but I finally got WHY and worked around it, but that change almost cost me my JOB!! When I started the medicine, I was working in a game company, doing a mix of artistic and computer programming tasks. After some many years dealing with ADHD, I developed a method to work that made me be very suscessfull in my field. ADHD HELPED me to multi-task better, so I could work on 2 or 3 things at the same time. Essentially because I would get bored of doing the same thing for so long, so I would switch to something else, and then when I was bored, I would go back to the first one. It was exciting... allways doing interesting things... and, off course, with the TV on all the time, listening to the "white noise" of the tv to keep me "happy". When I started take the medicine, I couldn't "multi-task" anymore, and my focus was SO DEEP, that I endup taking TOO LONG to finish tasks. Even worse, I ended up running in "dead-ends" that I would dig and dig to find answers, opposite to before when I would switch to something else, and when I go back to that again, I would "patch" something together and move on to new interesting things, essentially, being more productive! Also, my stress level increased, since I started to CARE much more about things... It was a new thing to me... to CARE so much... it became a HUGE responsibility which I never learned how to deal in my whole life, since I never care so much for things, facts, etc. The excess of focus (excess to me, because to others it still shows just a bit distracted LOL) is tiresome, some times... I also experience an increase in libido, in sexual desire, when in adderall. I'm 38 years old, I'm from Brazil but I live in Vancouver, CA, I work with computer in the Film and game industry, and I never knew that I had this condition until a couple of years ago. Finding it out, and taking the medicine changed my life in many levels... but most important is that it helped me become the father and husband (well, husband I'm still working on) that I always wanted to be! The rest is just a matter of learning how to deal with again! I can't say the medicine is the solution, but it helps A LOT!

EmersonAilidh
37387 thumb
EmersonAilidh
  • Sex: F
  • Age: 19
Condition: Lyme 11 additional condition(s)
Quality of Life:
  • Mental: Moderate
  • Physical: Moderate
I am: b
Lyme

See EmersonAilidh's full Amphetamine-Dextroamphetamine history

Aug 19, 2011 (Started Jan 01, 2011)

• Perceived effectiveness for Narcolepsy: Moderate
  • Burden: Not at all
Advice & Tips: Only switched to Adderall when insurance refused to cover Nuvigil. Keeps me from passing out cold but doesn't really make me feel awake. Bleh.

life well lived
Upper limb: moderate
Walking: none
I am: b
MS

See life well lived's full Amphetamine-Dextroamphetamine history

Aug 5, 2011 (Started Apr 07, 2008)

• Perceived effectiveness for Brain fog: Moderate
  • Burden: Not at all
Advice & Tips: This drug has helped me stay at work by allowing me to focus and giving me energy. I stopped taking this form of it to start taking the extended release. I was fading by the afternoon.

Jun 23, 2011 (Started Apr 07, 2008)

• Perceived effectiveness for Brain fog: Moderate
  • Burden: A little
Advice & Tips: I know this will sound wierd. Colors are brighter to me on this drug. It's not a bad thing. They are just crisper. it was a huge help energy wise as well as concetration wise. I only stopped to take the extended release version of the same drug. Biggest burden was the inability for Doc to call in script.

dspecht
Anxiety: 1
57 M
Dysthymia

See dspecht's full Amphetamine-Dextroamphetamine history

Jul 3, 2011 (Started Jan 01, 1992)

• Perceived effectiveness for ADHD (Attention Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder): None
Advice & Tips: didn't work for me

Nsanity
Portrait default thumb
Nsanity
Sex: F
Sensation: None
Overall: None
Cognition: none
Vision: mild
Speech: none
Swallowing: none
Upper limb: mild
Walking: moderate

See Nsanity's full Amphetamine-Dextroamphetamine history

May 3, 2011 (Started Jan 01, 2002)

• Perceived effectiveness for Doctor recommendation: Major
  • Burden: Not at all
Side effects: Decreased appetite

jjg12
31554 thumb
jjg12
Sensation: Moderate
Overall: Mild
Vision: moderate
Speech: mild
Swallowing: mild
Upper limb: moderate
Walking: moderate

See jjg12's full Amphetamine-Dextroamphetamine history

Apr 23, 2011 (Started Jan 15, 2011)

• Perceived effectiveness for Fatigue: Slight
  • Burden: Not at all
Advice & Tips: worked for fatigue,though for a short period and had a crash.

Showing 10 of 85 patient evaluations for Amphetamine-Dextroamphetamine