i'm a believer
i'm a believer
Sex: F
Data Quality: 2 stars
Sensation: Moderate
Overall: Mild
Cognition: mild
Walking: moderate
I am: n
MS

See i'm a believer's full Botulinum Toxin Type A history

Nov 1, 2009 (Started Mar 10, 2009)

• Perceived effectiveness for Stiffness/Spasticity: Major
  • Side Effects: Severe
  • Burden: Somewhat
Side effects: I couldn't bear weight on my leg., Injection site burning, Pain in legs, extreme tenderness along inner thigh for about 3 weeks

Oct 1, 2009 (Started Mar 10, 2009)

• Side Effects: Severe
  • Burden: Somewhat
Advice & Tips: It initially was very effective but the last treatment left me unable to bear weight and extreme pain. I had to increase my muscle relaxant and am no longer taking Botox every 3 months. On Hold for now- will start again only if needed.

Jun 22, 2009 (Started Mar 10, 2009)

• Perceived effectiveness for Stiffness/Spasticity: Major
  • Burden: Somewhat
Advice & Tips: I highly recommend this for severe rigidity and pain. It has really improved my quality of life. I will continue as long as I can afford to.

Jun 11, 2009 (Started Mar 10, 2009)

• Perceived effectiveness for Stiffness/Spasticity: Slight
  • Side Effects: None
  • Burden: Somewhat
Advice & Tips: I definitely think it was well worth trying. Its effectiveness lasted nearly 3 months for me so it can be costly. If I hadn't tried it I would not be able to participate in the exercise program I am in and I think I wouldn't be very active mobility wise without it. Next week I will have my injections and am really looking forward to eat as I am back to constant back pain and my gait is becoming more rigid again. I am going to request a higher dosage hoping it will relax my leg even more this round.

May 9, 2009 (Started Mar 10, 2009)

• Side Effects: None
  • Adherence: Usually
  • Burden: Somewhat
Advice & Tips: This treatment is costly but definitely worth the money. It was a bit tender in the area injected for a couple weeks but other then that I was so happy with the ability to straighten my leg on my awakening in the morning without having to massage and exercise my leg. I actually was pain free in my lower back for about 6 weeks and even now have miniml discomfort.

Apr 11, 2009 (Started Mar 10, 2009)

• Adherence: Usually
  • Burden: Somewhat
Advice & Tips: definitely worth having if you have considerable amount of rigidity and pain

Mar 20, 2009 (Started Mar 10, 2009)

• Burden: A little