This section is a list of resources -- both hotlines and websites -- that may be of help if you are in trouble. This information is not a substitute for professional advice or care.
If you are in need of help, please reach out to your doctor, one of these organizations, another local organization near you, a family member or friend, or dial 911.
IMMEDIATE ASSISTANCE NUMBERS:
IN THE US AND CANADA: DIAL 911.
IN THE UK: DIAL 999.
IN THE EUROPEAN UNION (including the UK): DIAL 112.
IN AUSTRALIA: DIAL 000.
Have a resource you think we should add? Please let us know.
- Alcoholics Anonymous: (212) 870-3400
- Narcotics Anonymous: (818) 773-9999
- Al-Anon/Alateen Family Group Services: (800) 356-9996 or (888) 4AL-ANON
- National Association for Children of Alcoholics: (888) 554-COAS
- National Drug Information Treatment and Referral Hotline: 800-662-HELP (4357)
Information, support, treatment options and referrals to local rehab centers for any drug or alcohol problem. Operates 24 hours, seven days a week.
- Rational Recovery: 530-621-2667
In the UK:
- National Suicide Prevention Lifeline (800) 273-TALK (8255) or (888) 628-9454 (en Espanol)
- Suicide Hotlines links to local hotlines within the U.S.
- Girls and Boys Town Suicide and Crisis Line (800) 448-3000 or (800) 448-1833 (TDD)
- Canadian Association for Suicide Prevention
- International Suicide Prevention Wiki (This directory of links is community-sourced and anyone can edit this content. As a result, PatientsLikeMe cannot confirm the accuracy of any of the resources provided.)
In the UK:
- Covenant House (800) 999-9999
- In the UK: Samaritans 08457 90 90 90
- In Ireland: Samaritans 1850 60 90 90
- Other International Suicide Helpline Numbers: Befrienders.org
- National Mental Health Association: 800-969-6642 9AM-5PM Mon-Fri
Information on mental health topics and referrals, access to an info specialist
- National Institute of Mental Health's Anxiety Hotline: 888-826-9438
- National Youth Crisis Hotline: 800-442-HOPE (4673)
Provides counseling and referrals to local drug treatment centers, shelters, and counseling services. Responds to youth dealing with pregnancy, molestation, suicide, and child abuse. Operates 24 hours, seven days a week.
- Childline: 0800 1111
Confidental help for children and teenagers in the U.K. about anything at all
- Canadian Kids Help Phone line: 1-800-668-6868
Partner, elder, caregiver and child abuse/neglect
- National Domestic Violence Hotline (800) 799-SAFE or (800) 787-3224 (TDD)
- Rape, Abuse and Incest National Network (800) 656-HOPE (4673)
- Child Abuse Hotline (800) 422-4453
- National Center for Missing & Exploited Children (800) THE-LOST (843-5678)
- Child Find of America Hotline (800) I-AM-LOST (426-5678)
- Elder Abuse Hotline (800) 677-1116
- Self-Abuse (800) DONTCUT
In the UK:
Need more help? Email email@example.com