- Ages Eligible for Study
- 18 years and up
- Genders Eligible for Study
atrial fibrillation, Coronary Stent implantation, Low-moderate risk of stroke, dual antiplatelet therapy, and anticoagulation
- Hospital Universitari Vall d'Hebron Research Institute
- Patients of both sexes older than 18 years.
- Patients with permanent atrial fibrillation, persistent or paroxysmal (at least one
episode), documented electrocardiographically and receiving oral anticoagulation.
Patients with acute coronary syndrome or stable angina who are undergoing PCI-S.
- Patients who have previously given their informed consent to participation in the
- Patients who can not be followed by the research team during the 12 months provided
- Patients with renal failure or serum creatinine above 2 mg • dL-1, neurological
deficits, active ulcer or epigastric pain.
- Patients who continue regular treatment with NSAIDs or other analgesics or
- Patients undergoing reoperation.
- Patients who during the study period, should receive, according to medical criteria,
other adjuvant drug treatment than that specified in this protocol.
- Pregnant women.
- Use of investigational agents or not registered within 30 days of entry into the
- Patients with a history of allergy to study drugs or excipients.
- Patients with severe valve disease.
- Patients with CHADS> 2.
- Patients who can not use the study drug orally.
Objective: The main objective is to evaluate the pattern of dual antiplatelet therapy (aspirin, 300 mg / day + clopidogrel 75 mg / day) compared to the use of the triple regimen (Acenocoumarol as control + acetylsalicylic acid 100 mg / day + Clopidogrel 75 mg / day) in patients with atrial fibrillation, low-moderate risk of stroke (CHADS ≤ 2) who are undergoing PCI-S. Design: Randomized, parallel, with two arms, blind evaluation by third parties. Patients: 304 patients undergoing PCI-S with atrial fibrillation, low-moderate risk of stroke (CHADS ≤ 2), which requires prevention of thrombosis
Contacts and Locations
Please refer to this study by its ClinicalTrials.gov identifier: NCT01141153
Overall Contact Backup
Hospital Sant PauBarcelona, Spain(Recruiting)
Contact infoAntoni Serra, MD Ph
Hospital Puerta del HierroMajadahonda, Madrid Spain(Recruiting)
Contact infoJavier Goicolea, MD Ph
Hospital Universitario Vall d'HebronBarcelona, Spain(Recruiting)
Contact infoNadia Llavero34934894031nadiallavero@gmail.com Antonia Sambola, MD Ph34932746000x3714asambola@yahoo.es
Hospital Germans Trias i PujolBadalona, Barcelona Spain(Recruiting)
Contact infoOriol Rodríguez, MD Ph
Hospital Universitari de BellvitgeHospitalet de Llobregat, Barcelona Spain(Recruiting)
Contact infoÁngel Cequier, MD Ph
Hospital Marqués de ValdecillaSantander, Cantabria Spain(Recruiting)
Contact infoJavier Zueco, MD Ph
Hospital Clínic de BarcelonaBarcelona, Spain(Not yet recruiting)
Contact infoManuel Sabaté, MD Ph
Hospital Dr.Josep TruetaGirona, Spain(Recruiting)
Contact infoMartí Puigfel, MD Ph
Hospital San CarlosMadrid, Spain(Recruiting)
Contact infoFernando Alfonso, MD Ph
Hospital Universitario Gregorio MarañónMadrid, Spain(Recruiting)
Contact infoHéctor Bueno, MD Ph